• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1/4 mile times SRT-4

Many of the SRT-4's that I have heard or have seen, times for stock ones have varied from 13.8 to 15.0 (or worse). Many modified SRTs with 5 speed manual transmissions are now down into the 10's, and highly modified ones with 3 speed racing transmissions are in the 9's.

Many of the SRT-4's that I have heard or have seen, times for stock ones have varied from 13.8 to 15.0 (or worse). Many modified SRTs with 5 speed manual transmissions are now down into the 10's, and highly modified ones with 3 speed racing transmissions are in the 9's.

Speaking of SRT-4's at the drag strip, hurry up and run yours Chris :).

Aaron

My full oval port 3L with a rich tune was dead even with an '04 stock srt 4 on my way home from work today. We messed around in all gears and it was dang even.

I have to agree with reebs stock for stock I think there pretty much even.As I have driven both.Now a modified srt V. stock 3L,obv. not a chance.Throw a turbo on the 3L and bye bye srt,atleast on the highway(except for a fully built srt like chris@cta was talking about).In my opinon I like the srt-4's great potential for cheap,I was actualy looking at buyin one new back in '05.

L37MSY22P4GHWWORWQ5JE7BJWPNBD4VQ.jpg

LOLOL, as soon as I saw this thread, I knew that motivational poster was going to be posted.

I have to agree with reebs stock for stock I think there pretty much even.As I have driven both.Now a modified srt V. stock 3L,obv. not a chance.Throw a turbo on the 3L and bye bye srt,atleast on the highway(except for a fully built srt like chris@cta was talking about).In my opinon I like the srt-4's great potential for cheap,I was actualy looking at buyin one new back in '05.

Throw a turbo on a 3L...bye bye terminator mustang! and Stage 2 SRT-4 doesn't even stand a chance! (I am talking from experience of riding shot gun in a very fast 3L Turbo :D)

Throw a turbo on a 3L...bye bye terminator mustang! and Stage 2 SRT-4 doesn't even stand a chance! (I am talking from experience of riding shot gun in a very fast 3L Turbo :D)
What do turbo Contours run generally? Because my Terminator has run 11.3's at 121+. And I can do it easily, I mean that its easy to launch, and repeat the results.

What do turbo Contours run generally? Because my Terminator has run 11.3's at 121+. And I can do it easily, I mean that its easy to launch, and repeat the results.

This was from a roll on Woodward and we definitely finished ahead of the guy. As far as on the track, who knows but we were definitely not going 121+. :laugh:

This was from a roll on Woodward and we definitely finished ahead of the guy. As far as on the track, who knows but we were definitely not going 121+. :laugh:

took it from 2nd gear roll with 3 adults in the 3LT car and only the driver in the terminator. :) With my zetec final drive, I'd take 2nd up to 70 no problem too.

Negative.

the DURATEC FD nets 59 at the top of second, when considering stock rev limits.

boost the rev limit a mere 200-300rpm nets 60.. You are saying that the Zetec FD will net 3mph difference... I think not.

Negative.

the DURATEC FD nets 59 at the top of second, when considering stock rev limits.

boost the rev limit a mere 200-300rpm nets 60.. You are saying that the Zetec FD will net 3mph difference... I think not.

seeing as how i own both a zetec and a duratec, i know what they will both do in second gear. If you follow this link to Warmongers website you can download his wheel speed/gear ratio spreadsheet. you can play with it and put in the zetec FD of 3.84 and if you maintain the tire size he started with, you will go from 60.7MPH at 7000RPM with the Duratec to 64.2MPH at 7000RPM with the zetec. :p :laugh::D:D:D

Striker is driving a Zetec...that might have something to do with the difference

that doesnt matter because the 1-5th gear ratios are the same on both engines. the only difference is the FD ratio.

Last edited:
my buddy has a srt4 with an intake and a 3inch exhaust and he BLEW my car away. ive got a 3l hybrid with headers, high flow cat, cherry bomb, and an intake.

Back