• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Awd>1wd

I hear Hector ordered three spoon engines. You're gonna have a lot of competition. Just watch out for someone that has more than a hundred grand under the hood of his Honda 2000.

I'm sure there's probably some sort of restriction on forced induction. It'd be crazy to limit everyone to 2.7 liters, but have no restrictions on FI - you could have 170hp cars trying to compete with 300hp cars. But maybe I'm wrong.

i was aiming more that he could be in the American rally cross and world rally cross, which restrict engines to <2000cc and inline4. i didnt read anything about turbo restrictions there, but i could have missed something :shrug:.

European rallycross, American rallycross, and stage rally are three completely rule books. I'm going to be legal for stage rally in both NASA rallysport and rally America.

Except you're talking to people that put split-port manifolds on oval-port heads. "Not designed for it" means nothing here.

Looks like those oval port manifolds are really getting the job done for ya. You're a whopping .4 faster than my mostly stock 2.5 and .57 faster than my mostly stock SE. Congrats.

Speaking of engine size restriction, didn't the Mondeo road race cars run 2.0L v6s? Were those Duratecs or Mazda engines? I seem to remember a guy that raced a Mondeo with a MkII front and MkI rear that ran a 2.0L v6. I also seem to remember a guy that raced an SVT that had built up a really strong motor? Something like 250~300 HP N/A? It would cost a lot, but you would stay within the guidelines and stay competitive with the newer cars. In any case, this is an awesome project. I cannot wait to see the final results.

Speaking of engine size restriction, didn't the Mondeo road race cars run 2.0L v6s? Were those Duratecs or Mazda engines? I seem to remember a guy that raced a Mondeo with a MkII front and MkI rear that ran a 2.0L v6. I also seem to remember a guy that raced an SVT that had built up a really strong motor? Something like 250~300 HP N/A? It would cost a lot, but you would stay within the guidelines and stay competitive with the newer cars. In any case, this is an awesome project. I cannot wait to see the final results.

IIRC, they were 2.5's sleeved down to 2.0

Back