• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

its going to be nice here tommorrow, i think i heard 35 and sunny :)
It was pretty nice today... I dont have to work tomorrow for once thank god.
Go look at your rear springs. Make friends with them and maybe they will fix themselves? :shrug:I heard 40 here :p

You mean these?
strut.jpg

I wish I had the money to fix them but alas, im broke. The story of my life.:cry:

Tonight I am going to a coworkers wedding. The wedding is at the place where I first saw a Contour SVT. Kinda weird how that happens.

Last edited:
Wow im even more bored today...:nonono:

Sounds like your stuck in a rut. Go climb a tree or something.:laugh:

BTW I did climb a tree this morning, had to shake loose some rotten apples still hanging on the apple tree.

:idea:

I think I need to become more educated about mechanicals. Then when I have nothing to do I can work on one of my two cars. If one doesnt have something wrong then the other will.:laugh:

I am hoping to convice the wife to go look at Tour_Racer00's SHO. She wants a newer car now and she saw the pics and thinks it looks nice. She also said that she likes the fact that it has more power than my tour and that she could rub that in my face. :laugh: But, she doesn't want to run to the cities to look at it. :blackeye: Anyone know anything about 3rd gen shos besides the cams? I test drove one a while ago and I liked it. :shrug:

I am hoping to convice the wife to go look at Tour_Racer00's SHO. She wants a newer car now and she saw the pics and thinks it looks nice. She also said that she likes the fact that it has more power than my tour and that she could rub that in my face. :laugh: But, she doesn't want to run to the cities to look at it. :blackeye: Anyone know anything about 3rd gen shos besides the cams? I test drove one a while ago and I liked it. :shrug:

i hate them! it was a 97 green SHO that hit my white fiero :mad: if i ever had another spare change laying around i would buy one, blwo it up, and piss on it, then post vids of it all over the SHO forums. :mad::mad:

(maybe that makes me bias)

edit to add pic:
cars_2.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe just a little bit :laugh: Look on the bright side, now you have the red one!

I think they're sharp looking cars, never been a fan of the autotradgic's myself. :)

yeah, she doesn't want a 5 speed though. :nonono: And since she doesn't want that, I am looking for cars that have a little bit of an omph to them or at least AWD so I can SOME fun in it.

the SHO your looking at is good. the only thing you really need to worry about the gen3 SHO's is the cams. the one your lookin at is welded already, so your probably in the clear. they are definately comfortable. i want to get one soon as i can fix up my 95 and sell her. anyways, take a gander at that SHO. one other concern is i do think it's got a different resonator and/or mufflers on the exhaust, so it might be a little too loud for the misses.

I was at work an extra two hours tonight. I cleaned the car then did this...

:drool::drool::drool::drool:

LEDs1.jpg

LEDs2.jpg

One of the ones on the drivers door came off. so I have to get a new one. But I like the way its turning out.

I think Laura SVT will like this...

I really want this car. The guy was thinking about selling it a while back but I dont think he will anymore.:cry::cry:

moose1.jpg

moose2.jpg

The Crown Vic coupe. Sharp. I'm occasionally on the lookout for Crown Vics from that era, particularly 1986 and 1987, as they both have the SEFI 5.0. I'd like to find the proverbial "little old lady's" Vic with, say, 40,000 miles on it.

The one above is great, too, even though it's a few years older -- I can't say with certainty, but I'd peg that as an '83. :cool:

Back