• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Awd>1wd

that's the love that CEG provides. Sure we'll compliment you on it, but we'll also fill your thread full of stupidity and dumb pictures. speaking of which...

6qds6fo.jpg

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: OMFG Good luck with this. Its great to see someone man up and actually go through with something like this. Congrats

Props man! Looks like a good start. Curious how well it will work for you. Mostly curious about the transfer case and its ability to hold up to abuse. What is the power transfer ratio?

It seems you have built in static camber in the rear. What was your target in that regard. I see minor adjustment at the rod end, but you can only go so far.

Also thinking out loud, could you have pressed the front hub into the rear knuckle? Thus keeping the mounting points. Wouldnt have had to combine that camber link to the trailing arms. And each could be independently adjustable. Might even give you more articulation over rough terrain.

You're using the jag rear diff? all the fab you might as well put a Cobra diff back there

I think this would have been a better option. Stronger and infinite diff options. Custom axles would be easy too.

All in all a good start. Good luck!

the split front to rear is 42%F/58%R. The camber at the middle of its adjustment is a little negative. There's plenty of room get whatever I want. It's still less than desirable because it is a strut suspension. What you see is baisicly an unadjusted compromised suspension setup. I wish that I could have reused the rear hub. Trust me when I say that I tried to keep everyhing as simple as possible. Almost all things were considered more than once. I used the jag rear diff for the simplicity reason. The gear ratio is correct, and I already owned it before I considered a regeared cobra or subaru unit.

I can't believe that I didn't think of that. It's a semitrailing setup, which is exactly what I have made. I'm not sure if it would work out easily however. Iirc it's not a strut rear suspension. The reason I reused the struts and trailing links is because I didn't have to reinforce the chassis.

I have the jag front hubs. It would be no problem to put them in. I would have two problems with it though. Firstly I have way too many 4x108 wheels already. Secondly, their a bit wider than the contour hubs and I'm already rubbing the front fenders with my tall wide rally tires.

No cutting is needed. The rally tires are so hard that they kinda work like their own unique rolling tool.

Back