• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

For O2 sensors, is it best to go with Motocraft for these cars...or do Bosch work fine? I know some cars are more picky than others. I am going to go get the bank 1 sensor 1 today and I don't want to do it more than once from what I have been reading

For O2 sensors, is it best to go with Motocraft for these cars...or do Bosch work fine? I know some cars are more picky than others. I am going to go get the bank 1 sensor 1 today and I don't want to do it more than once from what I have been reading

I go Ford / Motorcraft with stuff whenever I can, but I expect you'll be fine with the Bosch sensors. I've not heard of any issues with them.

I go Ford / Motorcraft with stuff whenever I can, but I expect you'll be fine with the Bosch sensors. I've not heard of any issues with them.

Well, my local dealer didn't have it in stock but the champion auto store does, so I am going with Bosch.

gots the golf back! wahoo! it looks real good. and they washed it, including tire dressing! (and they got all the bugs off)

i think i shall take some photos this evening if the weather permits. i hear its like 95 in the twin cities. its like 60 up here :D

gots the golf back! wahoo! it looks real good. and they washed it, including tire dressing! (and they got all the bugs off)

i think i shall take some photos this evening if the weather permits. i hear its like 95 in the twin cities. its like 60 up here :D

It is sooooo freakin' dark outside, it is crazy. I was going to change the sensor out but I have a feeling it is going to rain any minute

yeah, i just looked at the weather here. it'll be here in a little bit. a solid line of red for quite a ways. i think i may need to grab the camera!

(oh, and the waves are nice and big for this time of year)

see, i really did get the golf back!

now, painted, and lowered.

radford.jpg

back.jpg

golffront.jpg

but how fast is it? :laugh:

umm, the speed limit! duh! :laugh:

seeriously, this ccar is 9 years older than that jeep compass with nearly 100,000 more miles. I'd rather be in this thing any day of the week than that compass. the suspension was even rattling at 26,xxx miles!

the storm was pretty cool. i was out in it cruising around. i ended up in half a foot of water. the car just forged on through, plowing the whole way :)

cool. there was some killer lightning up here, but wasnt able to get any shots of it. mayb enext time. im just glad i didnt stall out in any water :eek:

Fuel filter has been changed. Is the gas that was left over inside the filter suppposed to be a purple color? :confused: I don't think it was changed for a while....if ever.

O2 sensor is being worked on.......this isn't going to be fun.

Back