• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

99 contour injector o-rings?

kennyking

New CEG'er
I've read throught the UIM/LIM rebuild howto's. Wow! Very helpful.

I'ld like to replace the O-rings for the injectors. What O-rings do i need for this?
From the howto it shows: UPPER INJECTOR O-RING F5RZ-9229-AB, as the correct part.

Do I need the returnless one's mentioned in the HOWTO but no part numbers for (email Lance if you have these)? A later email identifies these as FOPZ-9229-A, but then the HOWTO shows this as 95-97 so i'm confuzed.

Do I need the Injector Wiring Clips: WPT335, or 302Z-143411-JPA? These were listed as KIT WIR ASY 1$27.90$20.76$0.00$20.76

on team ford parts... which is maybe $20 i don't need to spend.

Thanks for the great info.

Wrong part numbers

Wrong part numbers

i just checked the howto again. The part numbers for the o-rings mentioned are for 95-97.

Also, the clips look like they are also a good idea.

Does anyone know what the part number is for the injector O-rings on 99 contour SE's?

Thanks,
Ken

motorcraft online had the answer

motorcraft online had the answer

i plugged in my VIN number to
http://www.motorcraft.com/catalog.do?goto=vin

and came up with
OE Number F0PE 9U509 AA
OE Manufacturer Ford
OE Number FOPZ 9229 A
OE Manufacturer Ford

So the email buried in the responses to the HOWTO was correct. I'll confirm with Bill.
Thanks,
Ken

Bill is the man!

Bill is the man!

Bill Jenkins knew the part numbers right of the top of his head. Great! Thanks again.

Ken

Bill Jenkins knew the part numbers right of the top of his head. Great! Thanks again.

Ken

I've bought stuff off him 3 times now and he's always been great to deal with.
Probably saved me at least $1000 over hat the local stealerships were asking for OEM parts

Back