• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

Looks like the threads on the 02 bung are shot. :mad: I knew they were bad, but I was going to try and see if they would hold. They didn't. CEL came on and I knew exactly what it was. the 02 sensor was dangling under the car when I got home for lunch. They have one in stock at champion so I am going to go get that after work. I might have to use more steel putty on it to hold it in place for a while. Ghettorific. :nonono: Any other ideas? Can I use the putty to try and rethread it?

You might be able to insert the O2 sensor and then apply a bead of JB Weld around it to get it to hold. Removal could be a little tricky, but it might work for now.

Alternatively, if you want to spend a little money, you could just have someone who's decent at welding build that back up.

time to sell the car. the only thing that strips should be.... well, you get the idea :D

I should have just been paying more attention when I installed the thing. But I am sort of in talks with Reebs about a car....that would happen around spring time. Wife said O.K. :drool:

You could try helicoil or whatever it's called. Or install a new bung. I like LauraSVT's idea personally :laugh:

I am thinking Lauras will be the way I go for a bit. Just hope it doesn't pop loose and destroy a new 02 sensor....then again I can hold the sensor up via zipties so it doesn't fall all the way

You could try helicoil or whatever it's called. Or install a new bung. I like LauraSVT's idea personally :laugh:

Yes, Laura delivers with the Red Green type fix. :laugh:

Hey, if it works, then that's good, right? Set for another 100K. By then the car may be someone else's.

I am thinking Lauras will be the way I go for a bit. Just hope it doesn't pop loose and destroy a new 02 sensor....then again I can hold the sensor up via zipties so it doesn't fall all the way

Should have returned the one that just broke, tell them it looked like that out of the box ;)

:laugh:

I love doing that... lol...:laugh::laugh:

When I returned the starter for Alena's car, they were shocked that it was dead...they kept saying it is shame that you don't know where this was bought because you could get a warrenty on it. It looked fairly new to me too...it was a bosch starter, so it wasn't original.

i just spend a couple hours buffing out the spoiler. im trying to get ride of some of the sun fade. ive got some out, but not where i want it to be. time to take a break and cool off.

maybe i should go get some beer and work on it for a while longer tonight. ah, maybe not, i have to finish an illustration of a camaro before car craft. i probably have about 15-20m hours left of work on it too :(

i just spend a couple hours buffing out the spoiler. im trying to get ride of some of the sun fade. ive got some out, but not where i want it to be. time to take a break and cool off.

maybe i should go get some beer and work on it for a while longer tonight. ah, maybe not, i have to finish an illustration of a camaro before car craft. i probably have about 15-20m hours left of work on it too :(

Isn't it amusing that a few cold ones can really give you that creative motivation, whether it's writing or doing a little work on the car? I've got most all the parts corralled for my '89 supercharged Cougar, and found myself chomping at the bit to get cracking on the car project after a few frosty libations, but then reconsidered the intelligence of that idea. If I had my own garage, and the coolant hoses were in house, that might be one thing, but since I'll be working on the car in a buddy's garage, this will have to wait until the car is there, not in my driveway.

JB weld seems to be holding this time. Don't know if it was a bad batch last time or just not enough mixing, but this time the 02 sensor is going nowhere. The one that was on there is not in the best of shape. :laugh:

*#&!) (@#$ !!*# The 02 sensor popped off again. It was holding fine until I decided to give it some gas after it was warmed up. Shifting from 2nd to 3rd and I knew I blew a jb weld someplace. Prayed it wasn't the 02 sensor.....:cry: It is dinged up really good, but I am hoping that it is still good. If not I will just drive a while with it and get another one in a couple weeks. Now to figure out a way to keep it in place. I have some exhaust wrap that I can use to wrap around the o2 sensor and the ypipe so it should have no place to go. effing a!!!! Just waiting for it to cool down right now before I do anything

*#&!) (@#$ !!*# The 02 sensor popped off again. It was holding fine until I decided to give it some gas after it was warmed up. Shifting from 2nd to 3rd and I knew I blew a jb weld someplace. Prayed it wasn't the 02 sensor.....:cry: It is dinged up really good, but I am hoping that it is still good. If not I will just drive a while with it and get another one in a couple weeks. Now to figure out a way to keep it in place. I have some exhaust wrap that I can use to wrap around the o2 sensor and the ypipe so it should have no place to go. effing a!!!! Just waiting for it to cool down right now before I do anything

hey man, take care, looks like there is a big storm headed your way.

Back