• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Your "SZ get ready" list - start now so you don't run out of time!

Well, ordering parts left and right to get BLKOUT2 together for the weekend. The engine bay will stay shut this year....but the interior will be done. Paint will not get done in time though....

I have the car up to the house so now I can start working on it. however the instrument cluster is still acting up and cutting out on me, so I am not sure I can trust driving that far in the car :cry:. but i will try to make it happen.

The REVISED/UPDATED List:

1. Install SS brake lines and Cobra brakes
2. Re-install gauges & PO PO detector
3. Install new HU (Philly where you at?)
4. Change oil & Rear Gear oil
5. Install rear "cover" in trunk setup
6. Install new belt tensioner & belt
7. Buy and install new corner lenses
8. Find and install some Envoy fog lights(if time/$$$$$ permits)
9. Get her cleaned and packed up

My updated list

-Install lower stazi mesh
-Schedule rental truck/suv and rent trailer to tow to sz WILL TOW WITH THE BUICK
-Mentally prepare to abuse my body with non stop drinking again

BLKOUT2's new carpet will be here tomorrow, and interior swap will be done(less the dash and new center console) this weekend hopefully, which is 2 weeks ahead of schedule, so I might have time to get the engine bay in order yet.

no, I want to be surprised when I get there.

I really want to post pics but i think I'm going to force myself to hold off.

Found out that stripping/recoating my 18's is going to run about double what i had figured, so I'll searching for tires to put on my 17's for now. This does however free up the funds to get some motor work done, still going beck and forth about paint, not sure if it'll get done before SZ or not yet. For sure the bodywork will at least be started.

Plans are changing on a constant basis, but things are slowly coming together and getting planned out and scheduled. In the middle of all this car work, I'm moving at the end of the month....

Package Progress
ELM GROVE,
WI, US 04/16/2009 10:53 A.M. DELIVERED

Back