• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Your "SZ get ready" list - start now so you don't run out of time!

got the alignment and new tires, didnt' help my vibration problem, so I need to look further into that before driving the car long distance. I have such little desire to pour money into cars right now.

I did buy a new stereo and wiring, tested it out and it sounds great, just need to install fully. Also figured out my washer fluid issue, though I may want to replace the Autozone sprayers with something better.

The rest of the list still exists.

hey man. i'd be checking out your wheel bearings. ford made some pretty crappy oem bearings. i replace them on contours all the time at work. most dont have any play in them. isolate the noise to one wheel if you can

Besides the turbo, I really don't have anything to mod on this car. Don't know if I should thank pud or curse him.

I gotta say, it's good to see you've got the mod bug back and are loving your cars.
You were in a pretty down state for a while there.
Me likey happy pole
:)

I still have my days, but there's light at the end of the tunnel and that helps, didn't really have that before.

just when you think you see the light at the end of the tunnel.....

your windshield cracks
your lower control arms go out (for the third time)
starter won't kick the gear out (for the third time)
front tires are gone
rear roll resistor is junk
swaybars are too tiny
need a tuning program, and a laptop to go with it.

ugh it never ends

Yea I've got plans for the Contour, mainly finally getting to those custom projector headlights/tail lights. However now that my basement is almost finished I need to get my Camaro's engine and transmission out of the spare bedroom down there before we put the hardwood floor in. So I'll be dropping a few thousand on aluminum heads to finally put the engine back together (cracked my old camel hump heads).

So we'll see... I'd really like to show off some new head lights/tail lights at SZ as well as sport a few more ponies on the dyno. I'm just not sure how far I'll get in a few months. I almost have everything together for all my projects.

Ordered up some hood struts today, this evening i'm taking advantage of the unseasonably warm weather to start two more PRT "first ever"(i think) mods. I'll post pics asap.

Figure out what car to bring seeing how furringroup is now doing an autocross for us..

pm me your price. duno what i wanna do. i want another one with a LSD but meh. maybe its not necessary for a daily driver.

As SZ ticks closer, the reality of what we need to do is starting to hit hard:

Wake SVT from winter slumber
Put on the good wheels
Change oil and check other fluids
Get NH state inspected/stickered (was due back in Dec)
Wash/wax
Change oil on truck, and a bunch of other routine fluid changes
Set tires to proper tire pressure (I think the wheels need rotating too)
Wash/wax truck

Not really sure where we'll find the time to do all of that. :help:
Packing should be just as "fun".

My list keeps changing :eek:. Everything is done except for my original list :crazy:

Ha my list is just beginning and i have no time to lose.
Fix split roof and at least lay in primer (long story lol)
install short shifter and voodoo knob
install shoshop toe arms
install upgraded sway bar endlinks front and rear
new rotors and pads
rotate and balance tires
clean car up(havent vac'd it since i got it lol)
get brackets finished for pass side racing seat and install it
fix mounting for the ww sideskirts
fix e-brake
install BAT intake pipe
change plugs and oil
install ford racing wires
install ford euro grille
get some stuff cleaned and coated in paint or PC'd
fix my racing harness
install reg seatbelts for other pass
put back seats and panels back in.......... or leave her gutted:ponder:

Ok i think i'm done now lol:blackeye: