• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Your "SZ get ready" list - start now so you don't run out of time!

starting on my list ...

1. I want to pull the turbo again for a few reasons. this weekend, beginning of next week.
  • up-pipe needs to be rewrapped with header wrap. might use the silicone paint this time
  • I want to put the 8 lb spring back into the wastegate. currently have a 3# spring
  • as a safetly precaution I think I will change the oil drain rubber hose, or replace it with steel braided line( need to find out if that is a good idea being near a heat source).
  • buy and install proper gaskets for the turbo and wastegate purchased metal gaskets for turbo and wastegate, need to install
  • need to revisit battery relocation and add battery switch or in line fuse since I had issue with the circuit breaker I have.
2. change alternator as I don't like how the voltage drops over time. getting a low milage used alternator to try
3. try again to track down my my instrument cluster will cut out. seems to be the fuse interior fuse panel or a connection to it. looked last night and didn't note anything odd.
4. in general get some more miles driven on the car so I am comfortable driving it to SZ done and done ...
5. Install Samco Hoses will do when the turbo is out of the car
6. Need to install new rear brake pads. currently working but pads+rotors still don't fit in the caliper. will either have the rotors turned or sand down the new brake pads more
7. After a few more miles on the NPG brake kit I should pull the rotors and paint the unused rotor surface.
8. install DDM tuning HID kit kit is installed, need to make brackets for the ballasts
9. figure out what wheels are going back on the car and make sure the tires are good on those wheels. the supperleggeras are now on the car.
10. install steel braided brake lines
11. repaint calipers T-Red
12. install new sway bar end links.

i have a giant list. again.

Pay for SZ registration:
get hotel reserved:

New windshield
Brake upgrades (nautilus style)
Sniper tuning program, and some dyno time :D

Pass. wheel bearing (i think)
Spoilerless-trunk lid
Paint front bumper and fenders, and side skirts.
Buff car.

ouch. thats alot still.

The REVISED/UPDATED List:
1. Re-install radar detector!
2. Install SS brake lines and Cobra brakes

4. Change oil & Rear Gear oil
5. Install rear "cover" in trunk setup

7. Buy and install new corner lenses
8. Find and install some Envoy fog lights(if time/$$$$$ permits)
9. Get her cleaned and packed up

Almost 1/2 way done.....brakes going on this weekend(hopefully)

Numerous things have already been taken care of this past week, here's what I got left....

Aesthetics:

1. Wire in new HID projector fog wiring harness
2. Fix a few led modded door switches that the led's went bad in
3. Send off Mondeo Trip computer to have surface mount led's replaced with blue ones (pics soon)
4. Order and wire up outside temperature probe to Mondeo Trip computer
5. Install chrome speedo cluster rings
6. Install and judge aesthetic look of 2001-2002 Cougar Airbag/Steering Wheel with Parkedcar doomed overlay for Cougar emblem. (CEG First, I'll post pics in a week or so)
7. Wetsand and install lettering on painted blank IMRC shield cover
8. Install various small accent vinyl

Mechanical:

1. Fix annoying exhaust shield rattle
2. Hunt down and destroy the moose who occasionally makes a call of the wild

OK, let's see how much of my list I can get done.

1) Install SpeedBleeders for brake system.
2) Possible: Install new front pads
3) Bleed said brake system.

4) Install new wideband sensor and wire it into an analog input of my AIM dashboard
5) Integrate AIM dash into old gauge cluster
6) Install fuel pressure gauge and wire into AIM

7) Install lightning MAF, GM IAT into custom CAI
8) Install new 1000cc injectors along with splicing in new connectors for them
9) Tune for the above changes

10) Install new Fuel pump possibly requiring a Solid State relay driven by the fuel pump controller to handle the larger current draw
11) Install new FPR to handle increased potential fuel flow

12) Convert to E85 utilizing new fuel capability
13) Tune for E85

14) Get new Nitto NT05 tires installed on wheels (easy)

15) Install new custom crankcase ventilation system

16) Get Downpipe Modified to add a CAT and straigten out flow and mate up to my exhaust with a Vband Flange
17) Get car emissions tested so I can register it in CO

18) Retune boost controller and levels once everything else I can get done is done
19) Touch up tune for new boost levels

Hmm, should be busy over the next couple weeks.

BLKOUT2 has decided to take several major :censored::censored::censored::censored:s on my chest throughout the rebuild...and i may be riding with someone again this year, that or taking Ginger if i feel like getting it done.

BLKOUT2 has decided to take several major :censored::censored::censored::censored:s on my chest throughout the rebuild...and i may be riding with someone again this year, that or taking Ginger if i feel like getting it done.

Dude just krylon my geo flat black,cut one coil off my springs,el cheapo tint on the windows and run that beeotch out to MI. Oh and fix the drivers side window track so you can actually open the window. It'll be more reliable then the tour.

I'm having a good week so far

new wheels and tires are on the car
turbo kit is out so I can work on the car
replaced alternator
installed samco hoses
installed 8psi spring in wastegate
topped off mtx fluid.
found where my instrument cluster issues is coming from

going to rewrap turbo pipes and install again tonight
going to bleed the clutch since I can easiy get to it now
going to pull rear struts tomorrow to install new mounts
get started next week on the brakes and end links.

then its off from there on what ever needs to be done ...

That's good news, Brian!
Sounds like you've cleared most of your major concerns, so now you can bring that car to SZ. woot!

sure hope so. need to get it back together and drive it some more to make sure I am comfortable with everything. Still need to come up with a solution to fix the instrument cluster problem but at least I know where its coming from. its not fun to see the cluster die and then realize the battery isn't charging :shocked:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Josh, this sucks. Nothing like a stinky chest after a hard days work..... is there anything you need, besides TP? :D

BrApple, sorry to hear yours is still acting up. I hope you get it figured out soon....

my list has finally gotten shorter i think i am done under the hood other than one more piece i hope to get back from joe in time to install. new brakes on all 4 corners in just a few min is my project for the day

Well I got my main thing done, I have all the money I will need for spring zing;-) now just to call uhaul and reserve my trailer

my list has finally gotten shorter i think i am done under the hood other than one more piece i hope to get back from joe in time to install. new brakes on all 4 corners in just a few min is my project for the day

You will. :D. Your parts will go out next week.

Back