• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Turbo Project: Progress Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember burrita talking about it in one of his threads saying that it wont be an issue. I'm not sure htough.

yes I asked about that before, since there where holes there already it is kinda a issue, kinda not. but when you think about it the tube will add structure, if you don't cut the hole to large and let it be a snug to tight fit.

If it was myself doing the install I'd probably make it oversize and weld in a support tube... but that's just me.

Then go to harbor frieght and buy one.

Then step 2 is learn :)

Barge can't weld for **** either but it doesn't stop him from trying

Here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DCFC0538.jpg

DCFC0538.jpg

DCFC0537.jpg

I believe everyone is getting the precision turbo except me. I got the Garrett, and Roberts looks like the precision. By the way Robert, make sure to take that 15 pound spring out of the wastegate before firing her up!!!! :) Your 7.5 should be in your box somewhere! I don't want you to be forced to put the 3L in just yet! :)

Other than that, keep up the good work and keep us updated!

Speaking of not labeling anything ya'll should see warmonger work on a contour. He knows like every bolt size and how many for probably every single thing on a contour. Pretty interesting in person when he says something like there's three 12mm bolts holding that in, 4 13mm bolts holding that, a clip holding that, and your missing a bolt on that.
And my rx7 is apart right now with bolts every where on the floor of the shop. Haven't had a problem yet finding the right bolts, but yet might be the key word.

I believe everyone is getting the precision turbo except me. I got the Garrett, and Roberts looks like the precision. By the way Robert, make sure to take that 15 pound spring out of the wastegate before firing her up!!!! :) Your 7.5 should be in your box somewhere! I don't want you to be forced to put the 3L in just yet! :)

Other than that, keep up the good work and keep us updated!

<--garrett at some point....

What are the turbo specs burt? I see the A/R is 60

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back