• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Vader is all fixed

ryanblacksvt

I'm the Dork who ran 14.9 on PassTime. :)
Well ob1 fixed Vader. I thought when it first happened the motor blew, which if it did he was ready to do a 3l, but since it wasnt I just had him fix it. It was the pvc valve had built up preasure and poped a line off and spewed oil out everywhere, so he took it all apart and cleaned everything, uim,lim, pvc,iac, front and rear leaking valve covers.

The culprit
12645c7.jpg

kalqvk.jpg

Just a little carbon buildup,lol
iymrzp.jpg

2lcr68i.jpg

10dcyvd.jpg

I picked it up sunday and it runs better than ever before thanks to ob1

No he better never retire,lol cause it would be a pita to bring you my car all the way down there,lol

lol buy a trailer and tow it with the trailblazer.. 15% off for out of state customers.:crazy::crazy:

Yeah with the cost of gas it would be cheaper to blow it up and buy a whole new car:laugh::crazy::laugh:

lol buy a trailer and tow it with the trailblazer.. 15% off for out of state customers.:crazy::crazy:
let me tell you this much...... Trailblazer/ascender/envoy etc.... w/6cyl+tow dolly+ svt contour=11mpg:blackeye Just ask Ob1 I was getting like 140 miles to a half tank

Well ob1 fixed Vader. I thought when it first happened the motor blew, which if it did he was ready to do a 3l, but since it wasnt I just had him fix it. It was the pvc valve had built up preasure and poped a line off and spewed oil out everywhere, so he took it all apart and cleaned everything, uim,lim, pvc,iac, front and rear leaking valve covers.

So is it a good or bad thing you didn't get a 3l:shrug: I'm confused as usual.

Either way Congrats on getting it back on the road!

Damn Ryan, you do suck at working on your own car :laugh: PCV valve comes off and you think the motor blew, and you couldn't fix it yourself? You are a disappointment :nonono:

;)

Damn Ryan, you do suck at working on your own car :laugh: PCV valve comes off and you think the motor blew, and you couldn't fix it yourself? You are a disappointment :nonono:

;)

Don't you know he prides himself on being a disappointment??:laugh:

;)

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!

Scenario 1:

Ryan pops his hood and sees his intake dirty.

Ryan: " Damn I blew my motor"

Scenario 2:

Mechanic: Ryan your plugs are worn out.

Ryan: So how much is this new motor going to cost me?

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!

Scenario 1:

Scenario 2:

i lol'd

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!

Scenario 1:

Scenario 2:

damn....just damn :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

lol hahaha anyone that knows me knows I dont know enought to mess with something that I could potentially break, so I leave that to the experts like ob. I like having the piece of mind to know its done 100% right.

I am taking the 3l turbo to gct btw.

let me tell you this much...... Trailblazer/ascender/envoy etc.... w/6cyl+tow dolly+ svt contour=11mpg:blackeye Just ask Ob1 I was getting like 140 miles to a half tank

:shocked::shocked: How? My dad used to get 22-24 in his I-6 Envoy. There's no way that gets cut in half when towing a little Contour. He did have a 4.10 though. That really seemed to help. He still gets about 19 with his 5.3L V8 Envoy (Denali).

As far as Ryan goes, I think that he would take ANYTHING as a reason to do a 3L. Dirty airfilter? Time for a new motor! :laugh::laugh:

Back