• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The "OFFICIAL" 2009 Fall Dragon Run Thread!

Hey guys!
I'm looking forward to meeting up with you all on Saturday for at least part of the day's run.
I'll be looking for you.:cool:

Jim

Hello and welcome to the CEG? Are you going to try and meet us in Tellico Plains Saturday morning for breakfast in downtown Tellico Plains:confused: and what car are you bringing?

I got me a Garmin last night, woo hoo!

Will anyone be able to spare a Walkie-talkie? I'll have extra AA batteries.

Looks like I'll be departing to Atlanta on Sunday, so I won't be doing the run back to Michigan. That's ok, there are two really good routes to get to ATL from Tellico Plains, should be fun.

Here's to a little warmer and dryer weather! I so can't wait to get the F--- out of here!
JC, I will have 2 spare two-way radios, however they use AAA batteries. If you bring some batteries you are more than welcome to use one. same goes for anybody else that needs one.

Just so everyone knows, I fully plan on forgetting something important I might need to borrow from someone haha
I just assumed that's how its supposed to work. :shrug: no matter how good your list of what to bring is, you always forget something. :laugh:

Wish I could go, but I have my third round of interviews tomorrow for a promotion. Additionally, my partner will be out of the office and my work load will double. I am promising myself that I will go once before another year passes though.

Well it looks like my dad is probably not going since he is sick. tigerbalm, sent you a PM with the room situation.

Sorry your Dad can't make the trip Hectour, Derek has been fighting the cold the past 2 days and is feeling much better. Maybe he'll surprise you in the morning and tell you to come on over and pick him up:shrug:

My Mom is so worried about my step Dad and I going down there and I've told her time and time again not to worry about it:laugh:

If for some reason the weather is bad on Friday and we can't go out for some time, what do you guys wanna do:shrug:

Ok everyone, please be careful this weekend!!!! I will be leaving early tomorrow morning for Michigan....if you guys see me driving down 75 gimme a ring! 865 963 2280. I'm in a beat up green csvt :( lol

BOB...SOUNDQSVT, ARE YOU GOING WITH US DOWN TO THE DRAGON, LAST CALL:shrug:

Sorry... just can't swing it this time.

You guys have fun and be safe. Oh, and I use VZ Navigator on my phone instead of a stand alone GPS unit. It works great, and it is included in my plan.

Wish I could go, but I have my third round of interviews tomorrow for a promotion. Additionally, my partner will be out of the office and my work load will double. I am promising myself that I will go once before another year passes though.

Let me know when, I want to take a trip before next fall too.

So here I am sitting in Abany, NY and I can't help but think how much I hate you guys right now. Ugh! :bah:

Have fun! :cool:

I'll be leaving whenever I fall outta bed in the morning. We'll meet ya'll up for lunch. :cool: Going to take a scenic route up there through the woods and whatnot. It's nice living 90 minutes away from Tellico Plains. :)

We rolled back home just a little bit ago; uploading a few pics now. Great seeing everyone! We got a crapload of candy from the homecoming parade through Robinsville. I think that's a Dragon Run first? :confused:

Missed you all on the Dragon

Missed you all on the Dragon

Hello and welcome to the CEG? Are you going to try and meet us in Tellico Plains Saturday morning for breakfast in downtown Tellico Plains:confused: and what car are you bringing?

I had to do some work this morning [Saturday] and didn't get down that way until about noon-thirty.
I was thinking you all would proceed up the Cherohala & over to the Dragon, so I traveled the opposite direction with the idea of meeting some of you all coming toward me... no luck. Anyway, I even stopped by the cabins to see if I could catch up with the group for the evening gathering... but, no one seemed to be there.:shrug:
BTW... I put 3 photos of 00 CSVT#1313 from various locations on the trip in the offical Dragon Run pictures thread. She needed the shakedown run after all of the mechanical work...
FYI... Premium fuel is ~$231.9/gal. at several locations in Maryville on US411 if you are coming back north toward Knoxville on you way out in the morning.
Have a safe trip home!

Back