• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The "OFFICIAL" 2009 Fall Dragon Run Thread!

We made it home with the car safely last night. Got in at about 1am. As soon as I get the car off the trailer I'll put it up on stads and see what it looks like and get pics if the damage.

JKYoder, I think I saw you heading down the skyway while I was headed up in a blue dodge pickup with an empty car trailer. Did you see my black SVT on the side of the road on your way across?

I made it back home in Detroit!! I'm going to try to upload my pics tonight. The best time I had in a long time. Thanks for a great time, everyone.

If I do this again next year, I think I'm going to take a week off. Two days out there wasn't satisfying enough for me.

I had a blast out there with you guys. Good people and good times.
It was nice meeting all of you.
I'm back at work today driving this big 40ton monster down a flat straight road. Man what a differant life I had 2 days ago. Ughh.

I had a blast out there with you guys. Good people and good times.
It was nice meeting all of you.
I'm back at work today driving this big 40ton monster down a flat straight road. Man what a differant life I had 2 days ago. Ughh.

Hahahaha, that sucks bro. It was cool to meet you and Luke, as well. I also can't wait to see the pics you took!

Great to meet everyone new that came down/and see the Dragon Slayers of the past. Was a blast as usual! I may take another day off next Dragon run. I want to drive some more!:crazy:

One more day to drive sounds good to me. I bet the roads would be pretty clear on a Thursday too. I know I'd be willing to take another day.

I had fun, even though the car is dead. not sure what, if anything, ill be driving next year but an extra day would be good. there should be almost nobody on the roads on Thursday.

Just got home! Had to run to Atlanta on Sunday for a work assignment. I see I was the last one to leave the cabins! haha. Thanks for waking me up! :nonono:

I took 68 out of Tellico Plains on my way down to ATL - it was pretty fun too!

I still have a huge smile on my face. Thanks for the experiance you all, it was fantastic; I really can't put it into words.

I had a great time as well, but Sunday was a long day after driving to Chicago and then home, 15 hour day, no problem:shrug: I'll get around to posting my pics sooner or later, let's just hope they stay in one post...hint, hint!

Yep. That was me.

Yep. That was me.

We made it home with the car safely last night. Got in at about 1am. As soon as I get the car off the trailer I'll put it up on stads and see what it looks like and get pics if the damage.

JKYoder, I think I saw you heading down the skyway while I was headed up in a blue dodge pickup with an empty car trailer. Did you see my black SVT on the side of the road on your way across?

I did see the truck and trailer going up, as I was coming down. I guess I was expecting to see a rollback, or something else going up for the recovery. I didn't expect the only other CSVT that I saw to be on the side in the grass with no one around. Hope all works out well on your car!

Back