• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

about that how-to on yellow fog lights...

who the heck is the mod for the HOW TO approvals in aestetics. I sent the entire post to Ray, but he is no longer mod status. WHo can post the rest of it up?

The yellow bulbs alone aren't quite enough. Also, you still have the yellow lens even with the lights off, so you still get that look..... :shrug:. Most of the yellow bulbs I found were too high of a wattage and that would cause your fog lens to bubble and crack, I didn't want to take the chance.

Ahhhh, didn't think about the good look with car off or parked.

FX_SPECX_Wrap2.jpg

is it just me, or is that a really limp wristed punch?

Those look nice poopy pants! How did you get yours yellow? Looks like spray to me, very nice :drool:

Maybe some yellow fog bulbs would be easier:shrug: Check out Nokya and what they have to offer.

Already have yellow bulbs installed, but i like the look of the yellow lens more so than clear when they're off.

Thanks Joe! They are indeed sprayed.

Maybe some yellow fog bulbs would be easier:shrug: Check out Nokya and what they have to offer.

The yellow bulbs alone aren't yellow enough in our factory lens. Tint the lens and replace the bulbs. The combo is perfect.

I still need to snap a few pictures of mine.

around 20 bucks on ebay, more at parts stores. They are VERY good performing bulbs I can say from personal experience, but your method and the OP of this threads method is much cheaper than those bulbs, and better than most of the cheap yellow bulbs.

I am actually very impressed with the yellow output of the lens'. Very crisp and yellow. Glad I did the mod.

I had a set of yellow painted Lexan disks that popped in between the fog and bumper cover. You put them in place through the front.

I had them in for a while, BADSVT saw them and liked them. I gave one set to him and now considering putting my extra set of them back in.

Nice and not permanent.

I need to refine the process because the Lexan draws alot of dust when trying to paint.

Back