• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pwntbywombat 3L Build Thread

Well, all didn't go as well as I thought. We hit a snag, and couldn't get the motor out. So we ended up putting everything, well mostly everything back together and wheeling the car back out into the driveway. Hopefully we will be able to get it out this weekend, anyone want to come help? Free pizza and beer for anyone who wants to join in on the 3L fun! Haha. Be back when there is something to post about. lol

Dude I live in Allison Park, can I bring you a length of chain?:laugh:
You are right, the weather is crappy.

Now I know where to get advice when I start my swap:cool:

Well it was one hell of a night, but we did it. Thanks to my friends Dan and Brandon we were able to get the old motor out. And for some reason they separated the bell housing from the transmission. Spilling fluid everywhere...but staring the the inside of my transmission did keep me entertained for a while. Now if only i had the money for a quaife. :( Moving on though, while they were taking the half shafts out disassembling the whole front end, I decided to take this opportunity to rip out the A/C. It did work very well to begin with, so i figure i wont miss it.

Ripping out the A/C system.
IMG00170.jpg

Pulling the transaxle...
IMG00172.jpg

The wondrous internals of the MTX-75
IMG00175.jpg

From another angle
IMG00176.jpg

And finally, no swap would be complete without the owner standing in the empty engine bay :)
IMG00178.jpg

Now the the 2.5 is out, time to disassemble, and take all the part I need to get captain america going...more fun to come...oh and I'm thinking of painting the transmission silver...any thoughts?

Im sending you a bill for a new keyboard.

I can't tell if it was your god awful choice of colors, or your complete lack of any kind of prep work to keep said ugly colors from running all over the place.... but I just hurled all over the desk.

Keep an eye on the mailbox.

You're welcome. Dont worry - I'll be nice and wait until after the holidays to send the bill.

Yeah, hopefully after Christmas i'll be able to put it in, a little strapped for cash at the moment, gotta love the holidays. But yeah, after Christmas I'll order a clutch, cause there is no reason why I would not replace it when all this stuff is so easily accessible with the motor out. I'm thinking about a Fidanza flywheel, but who knows.

Remind me to never buy this '98 SVT #1244, and I hope everyone else avoids it too when it bites the dust. I don't think you and your friends are ready for a project like this if you are "accidently" seperating the trans from the bell housing. It is obvious that those don't need to be seperated unless inspecting for damage or upgrading the internals. Probably will be a part-out only car after you do things like this:

Ripping out the A/C system.
IMG00170.jpg

You should be "bettering" the car, not making it worse :nonono: - I am usually one of the nicest people here, but this is totally upside down and backwards......

Hey Kid.

It's your car and you are working to make money to pay for it.

Do whatever you want to it.

But remember. IF. that is IF. Something goes wrong down the road there will be one person to blame.

But good work!

Remind me to never buy this '98 SVT #1244, and I hope everyone else avoids it too when it bites the dust. I don't think you and your friends are ready for a project like this if you are "accidently" seperating the trans from the bell housing. It is obvious that those don't need to be seperated unless inspecting for damage or upgrading the internals. Probably will be a part-out only car after you do things like this:

You should be "bettering" the car, not making it worse :nonono: - I am usually one of the nicest people here, but this is totally upside down and backwards......

i just wanna say that that's his choice to make his engine look like spray painted captain america. its his choice to not have AC. i don't have AC either. i don't plan on selling my car to someone looking for a "comfy ride" anymore anyways. in my position my car is a fun toy, and i'm sure this one is too. i puked on my buddys desk now i have to buy HIM a new keyboard and a new hat lol but yeah. ripping out the AC isnt really worsening the car.... especially if your me, live in minnesota, and believe in window's and moonroof's.

and another thing....... pwntbywombat.... joe's a good dude. he knows some shiz and he's getting better by the day. but you should know....... he's got a yellow transmission. LOL! :) (J/K Joe don't get all defensive, lol)

Back