• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pet Peeves.

Might want to brush up on your English. A synonym for ignorant is "unaware." I was referring to people who are "ignorant" of their surroundings.

Wasn't an attack toward you, just stating it in general. It's a common thing around here for people to misuse it. And no, they are not using it as unaware. :rolleyes:

I hate when people don't know how to use their, they're, and there.-I hate when people consider themselve "mature", but constantly stir up drama.-I hate when people claim to be experts, but really are not. The real experts don't say they are. -I hate when girls insult guys for no reason.I hate when guys aren't chivalrous. (sp?) -I hate when girls are rude, but expect guys to be chivalrous. -I hate when people say "libary"---And my biggest pet peeve........I hate when people are mean
Sorry, our Javascript stuff is all effed up :mad:

i hate when you post and your java script is messed up. also the giant red text in the sig!:laugh:

I hate when users get banned when they are merely standing up for themselves while being insulted by a moderator.

people should know when not to get involved with things that don't relate to themselves or don't understand ....

I hate when users get banned when they are merely standing up for themselves while being insulted by a moderator.

Just read the thread. I agree with this 100%

If either of you have a complaint against a mod, PM an Admin and take it up with them. Go through the proper channels, voice your concerns, copy/paste the example and let them look into it for you. Putting big bold letters in your signature isn't going to help the "cause". ;)

My pet peeve... when people park on the wrong side of the street facing the opposite direction. Example: the street runs east and west, instead of parking on the east side, they park on the west side facing toward the oncoming traffic.

Angles, I hate things with angles. I posted this in another thread; we had a brick walkway that angled toward the front steps and it drove me :crazy:. I ripped it out and had the concrete guy come out and pour a straight walkway. You see these home shows on TV and they are making these curving walkways and flower beds... :help:, I don't like it. LOL!

so wait, you think THAT'S why Rawburt got banned?

If so then I've got a new pet peeve:

I hate when people don't bother to become properly informed on a topic before they formulate an opinion. :p

so wait, you think THAT'S why Rawburt got banned?

If so then I've got a new pet peeve:

I hate when people don't bother to become properly informed on a topic before they formulate an opinion. :p

Ok wait let me rephrase. I hate when moderators instigate via insulting an individual. :p

That's better. ;)
It's not always a ban because of one certain issue but may be a combination of infractions that causes an increase in points. The software keeps track of the points and issues the infraction, it's not always the mod, supermod or admin that issues the ban. Hope that clears it up for people.

Again, you have the right to voice your complaint to an admin about any situation you feel needs to be addressed.

I too do not like the extra large red font in sigs. As a matter of fact, zorrex and cobrawannabe, please remove the extra large, bold red signature. if you insist on further rawburt banning detail, please pm me or any other Admin. I will be more than happy to explain the situation.

TIA gents.

Last edited:
Me too. :laugh: I took care of it.
Shaggy needs a spankin'.

I hate when people empty there ash tray onto the street at a stop light
I hate when people throw cigarettes in my yard.
I hate when people pee in my yard in front of me.
I hate when drivers turn there left hadn turn signal on and turn right.
I hate when people sit in the right hand turn lane at a light with their turn signal on and don't turn even after the green arrow lights up and have to wait until the light for those going straight is green.
I hate being passed by somone on a cell phone who then proceeds to slow down and I'm forced to pass them when I'm using Cruise Control.
I hate when women say "Your Welcome) because they somehow expected you to say thankyou.
I hate it when people pulling trailers cut you off and nearly slam their trailer into the side of you.

Damn! That's some list!
I would also like to know why people are peeing in your front yard while you are watching. Well, maybe I don't but tell me anyway. :laugh:

I hate it when my wifes cat gags up hair/food

I sure hope you make her clean it up!!

how about when you go to let a girl in your car. you hit the unlock button right as she grabs the handle. you give her a look like "what the hell are you doing". she clearly knows thats what you mean. so right as you hit the unlock button again, what does she do?? lifts the handle!!!!!!
At least she isn't lifting her leg. ;)

I hate when my suitemates leave their boxers on the bathroom sink.

That's gross!

This happens in my shop too - I can't friggin' stand it :mad: :mad: !!!! People take advantage of our small shop's lax enforcement of rules . If our insurance guy would see it , he'd be freaking out for sure . I may have to put my foot down ...

You let me into the shop. I know, I'm special so I was allowed to be there. :)

-

The sig stays:laugh:

Not for long! :laugh:

Back