• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My overflow tank!

dingleberry

CEG'er
i got bored and took my overflow tank out and tryed to clean the inside and some stuff came out.. so i decided to sand it down, primer, and paint it flat black just for fun.. i plan on getting a new one anyways :/ so why not! here are some pics of me doing it.. i'll have some pics up when its dried and on the car! i would love some feedback on what people think :/ i also taped off a section where i could see where the level is at :D

df001.jpg

df002.jpg

df003.jpg

newoverflowtank.jpg

newoverflowtank2.jpg

newoverflowtank3.jpg

Last edited:
is that finished?? looks like it needs more paint. my body's svtc came w/a gloss black overfill tank when he bought it,dont know if the previous owner did it or not,but i always liked the way it looked.
:shrug:

i sanded it, primered it (4 coats) then wet sanded it with 1000 grit sand paper and then put 5 coats of flat black.. (only paint i had layin around lol.. and im 16.. i cant buy paint yet lol

well.. i just got bored and found what i had lol.. i was havin fun :/ i'll most likely buy a new one and put more time into it so it looks better :)

Back