• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

official pre98 only thread

Wish my car still looked like this...since this pic new center caps, cracked windshield, and the rear passenger side bumper decided to break off....
000_0960.jpg

Last edited:
4 banger MTX nice find! Takes a bit of ambition to start modding a car that has "been around the block" a few times.... enjoy it!

fixed the post

fixed the post

made it so it didn't spread the thread window so wide. I got a real deal and I had to reassemble the whole center dash wiring and get new hvac controls, I am planning on putting a stock cd player in, I added a tach and removed the decals I picked up some billet grille that I need to cut to size and paint black, then finish up the sticker removal and fix the moonroof, then possibly power windows with merc door panels.

DCP_7489.jpg

DCP_7487.jpg

Oh yeah and I plan on adding factory fog lights, just want a nice car to drive well I restore my SVO crown victoria which has been run into the ground do to my job. Then I will probably sell after that.

Well I haven't been around in months due to no constant internet/time to do anything but here are a couple of my 96 SE when it still ran well/looked decent. It's struggling now :(

Back yard:

side.jpg

B&W at 2006 EOSB after Roger's detailing wonders:

DSC01433.jpg

After mounting FSVTs:

IM002218small.jpg

Pre FSVTs:

car1.jpg

1 problem after another. Fix a brakeline, blow another. Get it on the road just to park it again. Transmission needs work (ATX), probably some suspension work as well. If it can get me through another year I'll be surprised. Debating whether I want to continue driving Contours after this one. Would be nice to own an SVT one day though.

That means alot coming from Fuz. Look at his car...

The FSVT 6-spokes look nursty on t-red. Nice job!

It's clean, lightly modded, and has complimentary wheels. For real, great job. Light tint, lower 1.5", might be even better, but I like it the way it is.... almost "pure"

Haha, thanks blu and others. I wish it still looked like that. Now the slushbox is going and it has the stockers on it. Still cleans up decent, but those wheels made the car. Starting to save for something else (maybe another Contour?).

The last pic is my test shot of painted black centercaps.

Edit: Final Pics of the lug nut cap painting.

Last edited:
ok 160HP*.85=136 :troutslap:

and mine was slightly modded (intake, exhaust, and UDP) i have a dyno before the UDP at 120WHP. figure a few ponies for the UDP and its up to about ~125WHP :p

The duratech 2.5/3.0L weighs in at 360Lbs according to this.

im still working on finding the weight of the Zetec.

ok i found curb weights for both a duratec and a zetec contour.

the v6 is listed as 1392Kg (3062lbs)

the zetec is listed as 1256Kg (2763lbs)

3062-2763=299lbs:crazy:

Back