• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

official pre98 only thread

Hey thanks royalblue, I always enjoy seeing a nice 95, here's another photo from that day.

6782689842_a46c27d45b_b.jpg

damn this thread!!! it makes me miss mine, and all the really nice modded pre98's of the past...,rkneeshaw,beyonloaded,pre98,blufuz
723264_114_full.jpg

723264_41_full.jpg

So I figured since I'd been making progress as of late on my GL I'd post some pictures before paint. This car has a lot of modifications and needs just a few things before I call it complete. As far as performance I've installed the SleeperZ intake, ACCEL coil pack, under drive pulley and a higher flowing muffler. I have an ACCEL adjustable fuel pressure regulator ready to go in and a walboro 190 LPH fuel pump and an alternator overdrive pulley. Suspension wise its on stock 200K struts, soon to be overhauled once I settle on a setup. Its lowered on B&G Autobahn springs and is running an SE 17mm rear sway bar. Rear disc conversion for the brakes and 98 SE alloy's 205 60 15's. Interior has received a lot of updates courtesy of a junkyard Mystique. Split folding rear seat, power drivers seat and matching passenger seat from a Mystique. Mystique map light, all LED's. Mystique tachometer and of course a decent stereo, Bluetooth, AMP and a modest 10 inch sub. Exterior wise, Burner fog lights wired up to the switch from a CNG contour (hated the red light up switch that came with the fogs), HID's (I know, been contemplating a projector retrofit since the price has come down so much). SE side skirts just fitted! Post 98 trunk lid with spoiler, Pre 98 Mystique front lip, have the rear lip ready to be fitted. There are a few other things I'm sure I'm forgetting. Love my 96 GL, its never let me down and is a fun daily not to mention economical. I've kept up on the maintenance and its still running like new at 200k+. The only options this thing came from the factory with was AC. Manual windows and locks base model GL. On to the before pics, soon it'll be painted a metallic grey. Might spray it myself, debating if I want to have to do all of that prep work. Right now its half primered half stock Pumice? Champagne? Not sure what to call it but it looks beige lol!

Check out my brothers 95 V6 MTX contour, picked it up for a song and my just acquired 98 Mystique Spree. Picked that up for $400, will be doing the head gasket one of these weekends. I need one interior bit to get the interior back where I want it and I'm on the hunt for a suitable zetec header then I'm done fiddling with the car besides the suspension. Handles well, stops well, goes surprisingly well. Its been the best car I've owned hands down, looks ghetto now but it should look nice and clean soon.

Back