• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official IC: Pre98 Carbon Fiber Trunk

out, sorry guys, something came up. cant wait to see the final product on someones car.

Any update on these?

Yes I still plan to do them... but I have no space yet. Painting my car has taken over my entire garage and I thought I would have had it completed by now. Hopefully (crossing fingers) after this Sunday when I paint the chassis again I can start freeing up space again. I need to get to the point where I can park my car outside. Then I can start on it. I have everything I need to do it... just not the space and time.

Option 1-Fmonkey (and spoiler) if its not to late to jump in on this

Not to late since it's only an interest check. Everyone has expressed interest in option 1 so that is what I'll be going with. I just hope I can get good deals to keep the material costs down and provide everyone with the best deal possible. I'll let everyone know once I'm ready to produce these. I won't post anything up until I have once completed that everyone can look at.

I agree, I will be patient, but I just want to know what to expect when this could be done so I know when to prepare the cash for this.

Yes I hear you. It's like dangling money in your face and pulling it away before you can grab it...

Paint is taking a while to do. The weather keeps cooling off and work has been getting crazy. However this weekend and early next week looks to be promising. All that said not being able to get stuff done because of the weather is starting to tick me off. I've started investigating some decent garage heaters to ensure I can continue to work when the ambient temp is -10degF. I may be insulating my garage here in a couple of weeks.

Yes I hear you. It's like dangling money in your face and pulling it away before you can grab it...

Paint is taking a while to do. The weather keeps cooling off and work has been getting crazy. However this weekend and early next week looks to be promising. All that said not being able to get stuff done because of the weather is starting to tick me off. I've started investigating some decent garage heaters to ensure I can continue to work when the ambient temp is -10degF. I may be insulating my garage here in a couple of weeks.

Cool, keep us posted, keep us in the loop that way we can all prepare for it, I am in no rush but I just want to know so I can prepare everything, I am sure not going to miss this GB. I have been seeing the project that you have so I understand not to mention you still have real life to deal with.

Bumping the thread to keep it alive, just want to make sure it does not die out.

Any update as well?

Well I have now purchased a garage heater as promised. I've got the Civic I bought up to snuff to be my new DD and I'm working on getting the newly painted doors on the tour this weekend. I HOPE that by next weekend I can begin the work on the trunk. I know this has been going on foooreveeeeer... but IT WILL happen.

Another thing I have been doing is tinkering with my pre98 trunk and have a couple of questions though, on the center of the trunk where the license plate goes, you can unbolt the license plate holder, will these CF trunk be detachable? Will it have this option? Will this CF trunk have reflectors or wires? Not demanding, just asking to prepare myself on this.

Well the GB never started, so it can't be dead. I was just gauging interest to see if it was worth my time to mass produce it when I built one for my car. The interest is definitely there, but I just don't have the space to start on this yet. This interest check was started almost a year ago, but I have every intention on finishing it. One driving factor is I need one for my car. However the main reason I haven't started on it is because my car does not have windows installed right now, which is preventing me from putting it outside to allow me enough room in the garage to tackle this project. You can hold me to having this project finished this summer though. As I MUST have my car street worthy by July so that I can start on my outstanding Camaro project and my many house projects.

Back