• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official IC: Pre98 Carbon Fiber Trunk

CSVT#49

Addicted CEG'er
Alright guys the other IC was cluttered. This thread is only to gauge the TRUE interest in purchasing a pre98 carbon fiber trunk lid. The pre98 style lip spoiler will be available as well, but will be sold separately. Holes will need to be drilled in the trunk lid for the spoiler installation. If you have relevant questions please ask, otherwise take it to PM's. I'm trying to determine if it worth my investment to purchase necessary equipment to manf. quality parts as well as the purchase of bulk material to complete the job. I don't want to waste my time/money (which will be significant) if the interest is not there so please only put your name one the list if you are serious in purchasing parts within the next 2 months.

Details - two options full carbon fiber or carbon fiber outter with fiberglass inner shell. The outer will be one piece, with the license plate piece molded in. Either option would need 50% deposit up front. Then remaining 50% and shipping would be due after part is ready for delivery.

If you are interested please copy the list and add your name accordingly. :cool:

Option 1 - Full 5.7oz 2x2 twill Carbon fiber, 1/4" polypropylene honeycomb core
Price range $280-350 + shipping

Option 2 - Outter 5.7oz 2x2 twill carbon fiber, 1/4" polypropylene honeycomb core, black 8.5oz 2x2 twill fiberglass inner
Price range $230-300 + shipping

1.Dairdevyld
2. Chris@CTA (Trunk and Spoiler) (Buying for sure, but have to see the finished products first)

1.Dairdevyld
2. Chris@CTA (Trunk and Spoiler) (Buying for sure, but have to see the finished products first)
3. GetU1 ( I am in, but like Chris@CTA would like to see the goods first)

1.Dairdevyld
4.in, waiting on final product .

1. Dairdevyld
4. newb, waiting on final product .
5. The Digital Slacker , Also based on final product.

With how your roof looked I doubt i'll have any second thoughts.

With how your roof looked I doubt i'll have any second thoughts.

Thanks for the compliments. Since there seemed decent interest for the trunk I went out and bought some equipment to do the vacuum bagging, which will ensure a repeatable and more consistent part. I'll be placing the order for enough material to do one trunk so that I can create a part to show everyone. I hope to have it completed in a couple of weeks. This coming weekend I will be focusing on my own car as my brother and I are taking time off work to get it painted. However the weekend after that I will be focusing on the trunk... well and my b-day too ;)

I would be interested in the lip spoiler only. Not a fan of the pre-98 trunk. If you did a 98-00 CF trunk I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

]Option 1[/B] - Full 5.7oz 2x2 twill Carbon fiber, 1/4" polypropylene honeycomb core

1. Dairdevyld
6. Newsvt

Thanks for the compliments. Since there seemed decent interest for the trunk I went out and bought some equipment to do the vacuum bagging, which will ensure a repeatable and more consistent part. I'll be placing the order for enough material to do one trunk so that I can create a part to show everyone. I hope to have it completed in a couple of weeks. This coming weekend I will be focusing on my own car as my brother and I are taking time off work to get it painted. However the weekend after that I will be focusing on the trunk... well and my b-day too ;)

are you thinking you might have them ready by CarCraft?

are you thinking you might have them ready by CarCraft?

I sure hope so. Otherwise my car isn't going to be making that either, which will not be acceptable.

How much for only the lip spoiler if sold separately? It should fit the 99 svt trunk lid, I just need to drill holes.
thnxs

Will not work with 99 trunk lid.

Yes this is correct, the lip spoiler is molded to follow the contour of the pre98 trunk.

1. Dairdevyld
6. Newsvt
7. jumijc => pre98 full CF trunk with spoiler. Very very excited and interested!

what the heck, id be interested.

how easy is it to obtain the lights? for those of us who dont have time to scour junkyards lol.

damn thats a good price if you can make sure the quality and fitment are really good. id rather buy them from you then have them made lol.

what the heck, id be interested.

how easy is it to obtain the lights? for those of us who dont have time to scour junkyards lol.

Well your chances are high since any 95-97 contour would have had them. I'm sure I could work out picking up some lights for you at a yard or someone else might have a set for sale.

damn thats a good price if you can make sure the quality and fitment are really good. id rather buy them from you then have them made lol.

Should be able to. Assuming my pricing on materials doesn't change.

Back