• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official IC: Pre98 Carbon Fiber Trunk

Option 1 - Full 5.7oz 2x2 twill Carbon fiber, 1/4" polypropylene honeycomb core
Price range $280-350 + shipping

1. Dairdevyld
2. Chris@CTA (Trunk and Spoiler) (Buying for sure, but have to see the finished products first)
3. GetU1 ( I am in, but like Chris@CTA would like to see the goods first)
4. newb, waiting on final product .
5. The Digital Slacker , Also based on final product.
6. Newsvt
7. jumijc => pre98 full CF trunk with spoiler. Very very excited and interested!
8. DPA43 in, but also would like to see final product first.

Any update on this?

This past weekend and this coming weekend I am wrapped up with painting my car. Then I have the RSTB build that I need to complete for the GB that is going on, which by the time I'm finished painting the car the material for building those will have come in. Once that is finished I will start work on the mold for the trunk. From that point it will probably be two weeks before I have a finished product for everyone to look at.

option 1 cwit703. let me know if there is any progress on this

1. Dairdevyld
2. Chris@CTA (Trunk and Spoiler) (Buying for sure, but have to see the finished products first)
6. Newsvt
7. jumijc => pre98 full CF trunk with spoiler. Very very excited and interested!
8. DPA43 in, but also would like to see final product first
9. cwit703

Thanks for the speedy update Mike. I will attempt the next couple of days to go to the pullapart and get some pre98 trunk reflectors. Will let you know if I was successful.

I believe Josh (pole120) has a few sets in the classifieds right now, and him and I will be going to the yard soon and should have more.

Option 1 - Full 5.7oz 2x2 twill Carbon fiber, 1/4" polypropylene honeycomb core
Price range $280-350 + shipping

1. Dairdevyld
6. Newsvt
8. DPA43 in, but also would like to see final product first.
9. AcGcSVT00 (trunk with spoiler)

fixed...

1. Dairdevyld
6. Newsvt
9. cwit703
10. AcGcSVT00 (trunk with spoiler)

1. Dairdevyld
6. Newsvt
9. cwit703
10. AcGcSVT00 (trunk with spoiler)
11. OB1 (trunk with spoiler)

will they have rolled edges?

I think I know what you mean as if the top was a sheet metal skin folded around the frame If that's the case then no probably not. The two halves will be bonded together.

EDIT: I may investigate some options on this, but it may be more trouble then it's worth. The edge of the trunk will be rolled just like the OEM piece, but I am not yet sure if I am going to mess with wrapping an edge over the frame underside. The adhesive I'll be using to bond the two pieces together will be more then sufficient to hold it together. It's similar to the stuff the hood suppliers I work with use to bond metal frames to fiberglass hoods on the machines I've worked on.

are the hoods fit and finished yet cuz i would one can some one let me know.(kevinm77).

Hood... no. Trunk... which is what this GB is about.... getting there. Need to finish up things with the RSTB's then I'll be looking into finishing this up. The interest is there and I've purchased the equipment to do it.

UPDATE
Alright now that everything is wrapped up with the RSTB's I'm going to begin work on this trunk. Should be able to start prepping the trunk for a mold the following weekend. However I may be able to start a little bit on it this Sunday if time permits.

Back