• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New 02 sensor

dannimarieiro

CEG'er
1999 ford contour svt #976

Today my check engine light came on and it said 02 sensor bank 1 sensor 1 or something like that...neways i just got one partsource said its the right one but i was wondering if you guys know??i got the model BOSCH premium oxgyen sensor # 15717
i got 2 codes
P0153-CKT slow response Bank 2 Sensor 1
P1151- Bank 2 Sensor 1 insuff. switching lean mean

thanks and is it easy to install?

1999 ford contour svt #976

Today my check engine light came on and it said 02 sensor bank 1 sensor 1 or something like that...neways i just got one partsource said its the right one but i was wondering if you guys know??i got the model BOSCH premium oxgyen sensor # 15717
i got 2 codes
P0153-CKT slow response Bank 2 Sensor 1
P1151- Bank 2 Sensor 1 insuff. switching lean mean

thanks and is it easy to install?

Easy to install :nonono: it's not :blackeye: No room back there it will take you about 1 hour for sure if you got the right tools...i've heard of other people taking 1.5 hours :blackeye:

There is a great how-to on doing this. Def take a look at that in the duretec maintenance thread.

O2 Sensors

O2 Sensors

i jus the old 02 sensor clip and its square and the one i got is circle:shrug::confused:im confused

I think you got the wrong sensor if I understand you correctly. One has a circle wire clip and the other is square. Don't rember which. Different number for upper and lower. Bosch makes the Motorcraft if I rember correctly.

return fuel system cars have square plugs on the upper O2 sensors and round plugs on the lower O2 sensors.

returnless fuel system cars have round connectors on all sensors. the upstream ones are green and the down stream are blue.

oh! good call fellas. i was thinking the sensor itself. not connector. he mustve picked up the wrong one. yeah there are diff ones for upstream & down. look in the duratec howtos. the part numbers are there. thats where i got em last time.

i found one that works and the BOSCH ones are red not green..and i got an 02 sensor from a cougar and it has the square connector all of the other ones BOSCH had for the contours are circle the model # is 13115, so for (bank 2 , Sensor 1 BOSCH # 13115)

thanks for the help you guys are great...the car runs good but its in testing for about a week. the motor is about at 200,000 kms:laugh:still running hard, but it would have been dead if it wasnt for this site:cool:

Back