• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

OEM Carbon Fiber Hoods Group Buy - 1998-2000 Contour

When you call on Thursday is it possible to see if you can find out the condition of the blemished hoods and see if they are willing to sell those as well?

I'm thinking they were scrapped as they were cracked. However I'll ask.

I called the last few days and got nothing. Finally got a hold of him today.

He had 3 hoods on hand with him and apparently they are still trying to move things around at warehouse... I guess they are moving? In anycase the guy transporting things from the warehouse says he saw 2 more hoods there.

So I bought our two hoods, and he ensured me they are blemish free and are in good order and he honored the price quoted of $330 for the hood and combined shipping for both of them for $150. He said he is going to double check them again for any issues and package them up and should have it done in the next couple of days.

Everyone else I will be PM'ing you the contact information. The GB price is $330 and shipping is $150. I know two of you were going to pick them up in person and the other person was going to have it shipped. He has 1 hood left on hand with him at their facility and is still in process of getting the other hoods from the warehouse.

Just paid for mine! Should be two left. Just to confirm what CSVT#49 said they only have one on hand, other 2 at the warehouse. If you want to pick them up in person they need a couple days notice. I got through to steve right away by dialing the extension.

rollinstylee- PM when you've sent payment and if you still want me to pick yours up. I have no problem dropping it off in fairfax. I just need to call them and give them couple days' notice how many they need to have on hand for me.

Steve at Chaser was a good guy to deal with. Those who had theirs shipped should be in good hands. Even mine which I picked up came nicely bubble wrapped with edge protectors.

I need to stop being lazy and put it on lol

7189531826_61f0431c03_z.jpg

Got some new hood pins for it, since my current pins are being sold with the old hood

7189531776_b0f9c6d5a3_z.jpg

Couple questions for you other guys who bought the hoods:

1) What hood pins do you plan on running?
2) What are you going to do about the slits for the windshield washer nozzles? I threw the entire system in the trash a long time ago since the cowl hood didn't have an opening for them, so I have to figure out a way to cover them up.

Couple questions for you other guys who bought the hoods:

1) What hood pins do you plan on running?
2) What are you going to do about the slits for the windshield washer nozzles? I threw the entire system in the trash a long time ago since the cowl hood didn't have an opening for them, so I have to figure out a way to cover them up.

1) I plan on using the ones below, which are the Aerocatch hood latches... if I use them at all that is. Thinking I'm going to use the factory latch if I can.
2) I am going to install my windshield washer nozzles into them... I'd go grab a set off a car in a junk yard if I were you.

Universal-Carbon-Fiber-hood-pin-kit.jpg

Last edited:
The last time I relied on a factory latch with a cf hood, it flew up on the highway at 80mph and smacked the windshield. No way I am risking that again.

The last time I relied on a factory latch with a cf hood, it flew up on the highway at 80mph and smacked the windshield. No way I am risking that again.
I've seen the majority of folks here with CF hoods do not have pins. Do you think it could have just been the quality of your previous hood?

For as much as hood pins cost, I think knowing my hood definitely isn't gonna fly up on me would be worth that small price. Especially because there aren't many CF hoods left. Just a thought.

For as much as hood pins cost, I think knowing my hood definitely isn't gonna fly up on me would be worth that small price. Especially because there aren't many CF hoods left. Just a thought.
I don't think anybody here was complaining about the cost of hood pins, they are just tacky in my opinion. :)

I don't think anybody here was complaining about the cost of hood pins, they are just tacky in my opinion. :)
Those aerocatch hood pins are a lot cleaner looking personally. I just wouldn't want my hood meeting my windshield on the highway. That would outweigh the tackiness to me.

They're only tacky when they're on a car that doesn't need them :)

Anyways I got the hood on. Manimillion was right about the factory latch needing to be adjusted. I still need to drill the hood pins in. It's perrrty though, can't wait to get it painted.

Got word that the two hoods that Redlineracer12 and I ordered have arrived at my house. I'll be inspecting them when I get home and will probably have some pictures up tonight. Hopefully all is well.

Back