• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

OEM Carbon Fiber Hoods Group Buy - 1998-2000 Contour

Manimillion

Veteran CEG'er
As you know the last group buy didn't get anywhere because of questions with fitment.

After talking with the company a few times over the phone, I've actually went ahead and ordered one hood for myself to see how it fits, so people wanting to join in on the group buy can be rest assured of the fit and finish of this product.

The hood was produced by the now non existant company CWEST.

I am happy to report that the hood turned out to be very nice. Couple minor issues, which is completely normal with all aftermarket hoods.

* You need to move the latch up higher for the hood to shut. My Steeda hood for my Mustang which cost almost 3 times as much as this hood had the same issue, as to many other aftermarket composite hoods which I've purchased.

* Your washer nozzles might not fit out of the box, you will need to do 30 seconds of sanding on the sides of the base of the nozzles for them to fit.

Other than that, the hood is great. What I really liked was the the carbon fiber is wrapped about 2 inches around on top of the frame of the hood, which you don't see many companies do for cost cutting reasons. The weave is nice and consistent. IT was also very well packed, which is annoying when you get it and all excited to take it apart, and you struggle to get the bubble wrap off :p

We need atleast 5 people for the group buy. Pricing is as follows:

5 people $400 ea.

Shipping is $150.00

Here are pictures of the hood fitted

50292896.jpg

31011143.jpg

39461508.jpg

Make a numbered list with your username if you are interested, once there is 5 people in the GB, we'll get the order placed.

The hood looks to line up pretty nice. Great to see a group buy going again for them :cool:. Do you have a pic of the framework underneath?

Really glad it turned out well for you man.

I'll get in on the group buy when I get my tax returns in. I get to save on shipping too since the company is only an hours drive from home :)

Couple questions:
1. The previous thread said something about there being 10 hoods available, which I assume is where yours came from. Is this a buy for those existing CWEST hoods, or is there a company producing them new, in which case your experience may not be representative?
2. Did you, or can you, weigh the hood? The sole purpose of a carbon hood for me is frontal weight reduction, so I must first quantify how much lighter this is than the OE hood.

Thanks!

That said lets do this. What would be the combined shipping cost for Redlineracer and I? Looking to have it shipped to MN. My zipcode is 55448 for reference.

1. CSVT#49
2. Redlineracer12

I can ask for you, but I would think it will still have to ship out as two boxes, so there might not be a combined price.

Once I get my car back I will take more detailed pictures for everyone.

I can ask for you, but I would think it will still have to ship out as two boxes, so there might not be a combined price.

Once I get my car back I will take more detailed pictures for everyone.

In the last thread for the CF hoods we were told that there would be a discount... I guess if that changes that my chance my interest.

If the last thread said there would be, then there would be. Same company, same policies.

This is what was from the previous thread:

Ok in regards to shipping, for the first box its $150 and each additional box to the same location is $85. So there would be a good savings if a bunch of you guys lived close enough to make it worth it.

I believe they are being shipped out of Maryland. Im sure they could be picked up.

So each additional person saves $65 on shipping off the total.

Two hood total would be $1035, half that would be $517.50 each shipped Mike...

Officially in on this group buy. Is Chaser Aero the company providing the hoods? If so I won't need shipping, it's not too bad of a drive from my house.

1. CSVT#49
2. Redlineracer12
3. YOOOO

Back