• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

OEM Carbon Fiber Hoods Group Buy - 1998-2000 Contour

No I don't think so. I don't really have any ideas to make that work given the different lines of the hood.

I think I'll be installing heat extracters and painting them to match the car... We'll see though need to photoshop it first.

Pics as promised and unpacking. Very well packaged as you can see below. My thoughts on the hood are this... I did my flash light test and you can see pin holes, because of this it's most likely only got 1 layer of CF and 1 layer of glass on the outside surface. The edges show areas that are a little rough as well as some tan speckled spots (guessing this is glaze from clean trying to clean up porosity). Over all I am satisfied with my $330 purchase. The exterior surface of the hood looks great. It needs some rubbing compound and some buffing, but it's pretty sweet looking. Would I buy another one... probably. For the work that goes into making the mold and laying up everything it's worth it to me. Sure if I did it myself the product would be a lot higher quality, but it would cost me a lot more then $330 too. That said on with the pics.

boxesatdoor.jpg

inboxb.jpg

packingw.jpg

plasticwrao.jpg

foamlayer.jpg

foamedges.jpg

unpacked.jpg

Back