• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Northern MN meet?

Saturday at 1PM.

Start driving with your tinted windows down ;)

Yeah - drive around with the rear windows down just makes it more obvious. Trooper didn't care about my front windows (37%) but he didn't like the rear 3 windows (10%).

Oh - and you idiots who dont know the law - they measure how much light goes through the glass, hence why they slide over a light with a sensor on it. 50% fron and rear is what is legal which is worthless - I'm going to retint the rear with the same film that is up front. 125 bucks down the drain...

Have fun guys - I wont make it this year. I'd easily spend 100 in gas - I've got an untuned 3L with a clogging fuel pump. On my way to Spring Zing I was able to get 28.5MPG's - Get gas, set cruise to 75, take cruise off just to drive intot he gas station. Started palying around and got 21 MPG's - I spent close to 350 on my Michigan trip...

Yeah - drive around with the rear windows down just makes it more obvious. Trooper didn't care about my front windows (37%) but he didn't like the rear 3 windows (10%).

Oh - and you idiots who dont know the law - they measure how much light goes through the glass, hence why they slide over a light with a sensor on it. 50% fron and rear is what is legal which is worthless - I'm going to retint the rear with the same film that is up front. 125 bucks down the drain...

Have fun guys - I wont make it this year. I'd easily spend 100 in gas - I've got an untuned 3L with a clogging fuel pump. On my way to Spring Zing I was able to get 28.5MPG's - Get gas, set cruise to 75, take cruise off just to drive intot he gas station. Started palying around and got 21 MPG's - I spent close to 350 on my Michigan trip...

I know my freind got a ticket in his mustang. Honestly, I couldn't even tell he had tint on the windows (he bought it like that).....they basically just looked slightly dirty. The cop who got him (last exit to Virginia on 53 for those who know) was heading north and he was heading south. In order for the cop to get him, the cop drove 3 miles total (to turn around and get back) while he only went about 1 mile. :crazy:

I've got about 25% all the way around. I've been ticketed before near university ave. If I'm worried about going someplace like that I just roll down my front windows all the way, then remove the window switch from the driver side, unplug it, reinstall. If you get pulled over just tell them they don't work :laugh: (none of the window switches will operate if that's unplugged). They can't use the reader that slips over the glass if you can't roll the windows down! ;) And the fronts are all they should care about anyways (trucks you can have darker than 50 in the rear, what defines a truck?) , if the fronts are down they shouldn't be complaining.

i was pretty sure that in MN the fronts have to be at 50% and the rears can be as dark as you want... hmm, i think i'll have to look it up. my moms scuby has about 35 ont he front, and probably 20 in the back. its on a white car too, and it is real obvious. i got pulled over once for speeding and he measured the tint, but becaue it want my car, he didnt give me a ticket.

oops, nevermind, i just looked it up.
http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/MN/

just got a call from DV where teh car is being worked on. when i stopped there yesterday they were waiting on the insurance adjuster. well, its all good and they are going to be fixing it :D when i get it back, it'll have a new nose and drivers fender, and the hood, nose, fenders, and drivers door will have fresh paint! wahoo!

unfortunatly, it wont be ready by friday. so i guess i'll be rolling in the subaru. i'll probably stop out sometime and grab my camera so i can shoot some video of the meet, especually if we drive some twistys :) and, the subaru does handle very well, so dont worry about me slowing anyone down :)

(and if need be, i can haul some boards for tony to make it over bumps :)

Is that a challenge? ;)

So thoughful of you :laugh:

there is one place i'd like to take some pics up on part of skyline near some narrow bridges. and to get there the earth has settled around a drain pipe. think of it as a speed bump. the fiero clears it just barely, but my front end sits a tiny bit less agressive than the svt. the middle of the car barely clears it on the fiero, but it does. so i may throw some boars in the car, in case of problems. :) i dont think it will be, but better be safe than sorry

Well my car might not even be clean for the meet. :laugh:

I dont know if I will be able to squeeze a wash in before I head down there.:shrug: We will see I guess.

Instead of using those used springs, I am going to order new ones. $140ish for the two rear ones. I am just having second thoughts about used/rusted springs when i am going threw all this to have a shop replace them. Get it done right the 1st time. I am going to finish reclaiming them though if someone wants to buy them. Told they have around 40-50K miles?

I've got about 25% all the way around. I've been ticketed before near university ave. If I'm worried about going someplace like that I just roll down my front windows all the way, then remove the window switch from the driver side, unplug it, reinstall. If you get pulled over just tell them they don't work :laugh: (none of the window switches will operate if that's unplugged). They can't use the reader that slips over the glass if you can't roll the windows down! ;) And the fronts are all they should care about anyways (trucks you can have darker than 50 in the rear, what defines a truck?) , if the fronts are down they shouldn't be complaining.

Hehe - thought about that myself - how do you easily gain access to that plug?

i was pretty sure that in MN the fronts have to be at 50% and the rears can be as dark as you want... hmm, i think i'll have to look it up. my moms scuby has about 35 ont he front, and probably 20 in the back. its on a white car too, and it is real obvious. i got pulled over once for speeding and he measured the tint, but becaue it want my car, he didnt give me a ticket.

oops, nevermind, i just looked it up.
http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/MN/

Cars have different rules - trucks and vans dont matter...

Instead of using those used springs, I am going to order new ones. $140ish for the two rear ones. I am just having second thoughts about used/rusted springs when i am going threw all this to have a shop replace them. Get it done right the 1st time. I am going to finish reclaiming them though if someone wants to buy them. Told they have around 40-50K miles?
Make sure you order from Steve at Tousley if you're going through the trouble of ordering them. I thought they were more like $100/pair.

Hehe - thought about that myself - how do you easily gain access to that plug?
It was very easy. I think I just had to take one screw out of the door panel IIRC. I used to keep a screwdriver in the door panel compartment :laugh:

Make sure you order from Steve at Tousley if you're going through the trouble of ordering them. I thought they were more like $100/pair.

It was very easy. I think I just had to take one screw out of the door panel IIRC. I used to keep a screwdriver in the door panel compartment :laugh:

lol - maybe I'll find the main power wire and switch it so I dont have to take anything apart...

Well I thought I would be saying that I wouldn't be able to make it until two o clock, because of a grad party I forgot about. But, I just found out I have don't have to work at ALL tomorrow. :D Because none of the clients are gonna be in town. I am so excited. Not making the money sucks but I would rather not be working. :laugh:

mmmm...No. :laugh: I should be there at one though. The party starts at 12 so I can be there a little after and stay for a little bit. Then I gotta get back in town to try to clean my car. Otherwise its gonna look like I took her mudding. :laugh:

Back