• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Northern MN meet?

I noticed you saw that 98 SVT on MNfocus tony... Looks not too bad. :shrug:

Of course I did. MNFocus is my other home ;)

That car has a bit of history. I dynoed the same day as the previous owner of it did back in my 2.5L days :laugh: I smoked him by like 40whp though because his secondaries weren't working :D

It was previously owned by o2designs on MNFocus and then by zurno's girlfriend. He recently replaced the differential with the stock one out of my car. Last I heard he thought the precats might be clogged, hence the running not so great. It would be a good project car, little bit of body work maybe but not bad for the price. :cool:

ok boys, im out. sorry:( its not gonna work with my finances to dish out 100+ for gas right now. I'll try and make it to the next meet. :cry:

how do you figure $100? i dont think you'll go through 2 tanks of gas. if so, whats wrong with your car? remember, it'll be mostly hwy at 70 mph. my old svt saw 33 at that speed on the same road. we'll miss ya if you cant make it!

i may not have the fiero back yet :( i stopped out at DV and they found some more damage, and the estimator is suppose to be coming back out to take a look. pray they dont total it out after this! hopefully hec ame out either today or tommorrow. i sure would like to get the car so my folks can take back their subaru this weekend.

oh, and there is an eclipse spyder i might take a look at when i get a chance to go down to iowa :) its a 98 5-speed gs. Jason, you know anything about these cars, cosidering youve owned one?

i may not have the fiero back yet :( i stopped out at DV and they found some more damage, and the estimator is suppose to be coming back out to take a look. pray they dont total it out after this! hopefully hec ame out either today or tommorrow. i sure would like to get the car so my folks can take back their subaru this weekend.

oh, and there is an eclipse spyder i might take a look at when i get a chance to go down to iowa :) its a 98 5-speed gs. Jason, you know anything about these cars, cosidering youve owned one?

Stay far far far away if you want a reliable car. :laugh: Fun as can be, easily mod-able, good looking, fairly bullit proof engine (if you don't mod it) but everything else goes down hill.....fast. Oh yeah, little kids LOVE it. Chicks, not so much. :laugh: If it isn't a turboed version, don't bother. The 95+ non turboed has a neon engine in them. And you thought it couldn't get any worse. The 90-92 had the same engine, just the turbo was the main difference between them. 93-94 had a 1.8 litre guttless wonder added to the mix. Late 92's on had a 7 bolt engine....basically means if it hasn't crank walked yet, it will. That is why everyone wants the 90-early 92 6 bolt engines. Rarely get crank walk. My 92 NT did get great gas milage though. I normally got around 430 miles/tank when I would drive to Mankato.....and it wasn't a huge tank either.

edit. spyders do have a different engine than the 420a.....

one kind of cool place to shoot

IMG_0311.jpg

Back