• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My 3L Build

Spray some brake clean or starter fluid into the intake and try again. If it fires for a second then you know the injectors are not opening.

Got the starting fluid. It started for a second. That'd a good sign I guess. Still trying to figure out which plug is missing, don't see any lol

Spray some brake clean or starter fluid into the intake and try again. If it fires for a second then you know the injectors are not opening.

Well wiggled some wires and it fired right up..kinda stance but I ain't complaining! Gonna bleed the slave cylinder and then put the wheels on and take it doe a drive, this car needs it :)

The only problem I saw was a small coolant leak on the aluminum coolant pipe that hooks up all the coolant lines to o in the block. Besides that no problem so far :)

Well just a quick update: I lost one of my nuts that bolt the Y pipe to the front exhaust manifold so I have an exhaust leak that is putting out a "PO171 code system bank 1 too lean". So I couldn't feel the difference and it ran terrible so after I fix that we'll see how it runs! I'm off to bed tonight early :)

Night you guys!

Good job man - bet you're feeling good now its running! always a couple of bits and pieces to button up at the end.
My friend forgot to put the gasket between the lim and uim and when we started it it made a huge rattling sound - scaredd the crap out if us until we worked out what it was.

Clean up the last couple of things and enjoy!

Good job man - bet you're feeling good now its running! always a couple of bits and pieces to button up at the end.
My friend forgot to put the gasket between the lim and uim and when we started it it made a huge rattling sound - scaredd the crap out if us until we worked out what it was.

Clean up the last couple of things and enjoy!

Thanks a lot man yea it feels good!

Quick question for you guys. I need the part number for the ALUMINUM "water crossover pipe". It's the piece that connects the heads together and coolant flows to both heads. I need a new O ring to stop the leak. I can't find any part numbers and the auto stores dont have that part anywhere in their inventory list. Just to clarify, I used my 2.5 aluminum water crossover not the platic one from the 3.0. Thanks guys!

Yes, the aluminum one. Just take the pipe to the pars store, or a hardware store with a good selection of O-rings, and find one that fits. Trial and error.

Well guys just a quick update: FIRST OFF let me say it feels so great to be able to start my CSVT up in my driveway and be able to move it :) this is the biggest car project I've done and I feel like I learned so much. Growing up I was never around my dad or my older brother much (who both had a lot of mechanical/car knowledge) so being able to work on this car with my brother was special to me since my dad committed suicide two years ago. Special thanks to everyone on this forum who shared their knowledge of the 3L swap so that guys like me can do it with ease and confidence. Also thanks to the guys who hales me directly. Thankyou.

My wife has her big surgery Monday in Pittsburg so for now I won't be able to do much to my car since I'll be focusing on some mote important things before her surgery. However it is nice knowing the hard parts done with my car and a couple easier fixes are in the near future when I have the time to get to it. Basically I just need to replace an O ring in the water crossover to fix a coolant leak and then fix an exhaust leak and see why a couple of my lights are on in the dash. So those things are pretty minor, after the coolant leak is fixed I'll take the car for a nice cruise here real soon.

Thanks again contour.org! Have a great night Guys!

Great job man. Working on cars is a bit like therapy for me too! Hope you have lots of time to enjoy it this summer!

Both the thread and what you've been going through are inspiration! Keep it up! :)

Both the thread and what you've been going through are inspiration! Keep it up! :)

Hey guys my wife's surgery went great and listen: I finally got the 3L running right and man is it a blast to drive. Those things I've mentioned in other forums about the motor losing power at 5,000 RPMS went away after I got the plug wires in the right spot LOL. 3.0>2.5 :)

Back