• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Whole Lotta Codes P0136,P0156,P0161,P0401

enduro

CEG'er
The P0156 P0161 and P0401 are on my 98 SVT with headers. I have a mil elim on front but not yet on the rear .

The P0136 is on my 96 -OEM manifolds just put back on.

Is Bank 2 downstream HOS(P0156, P0161) the one right before the main cat. Is bank 1 downstream (P0136) the easily replaced HOS on the radiator side?

How effective is the liquid electrical tape at sealing mils? I think the recent deluges of rain are causing these codes.

I'm also hoping the P 0401 will just be clogged passages behind the TB.

..... Bank 2 downstream HOS(P0156, P0161) .

Stand in front of the car. This is the one right of the Bank 2 exhaust manifold. It is the lower O2 sensor. The easiest one to change. The mileliminator is probably disconnected, or the connector is not installed properly or wet.

....... bank 1 downstream (P0136)

Firewall side. This is the one after the Bank 1 exhaust manifold. It is just about under the front seats, in the middle of the drivers' and passengers' . The mileliminator is probably disconnected, or the connector is not installed properly or wet.

....... How effective is the liquid electrical tape at sealing mils? I think the recent deluges of rain are causing these codes.

.Very effective.

...I'm also hoping the P 0401 will just be clogged passages behind the TB.... Could be. .

Noticed you are from Calgary. You should check out Chongo. He used to be very active on the forums until he moved to Calgary.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/500739/2

Last edited:
Back