• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Lookie what i got!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
An underdrive for a Zetec. Feel the powa LOL! Modding a slow car makes about as much sense as Ryan owning 2 Trailblazers. It will still be sllllllllooooooooooooooooooow. Save up for a better car.

lol, I agree with Todd.

My two zetecs I owned I vowed I wouldn't put more than $300 into performance.

so... Intake, and exhaust, maybe header and I was game over. Made the zetec sound okay, but didnt really make it faster.

Actually, when I put an intake on the zetec I really only gained top end power, which sucked because I never revved either of mine above 2800 rpms. So it made daily driving suck.

If seriously want to mod your zetec motor, invest in a header and delete your EGR system (because there arent any pre98 zetec headers out there, you have to get one for a zetec cougar which doesnt have EGR). A Header kicks ass in top in power on the zetec, makes a huge difference.

I still think its dumb though, the amount of time and money you have put into this car you could have sold it and bought a nice low mileage SVT with the money you made/could have saved. And even then you could probably even find a low or similar milage SE for less money then you sell the mystique for, gain 50 horses, and put money in your pocket.

douche.

Thanks to those who left postive comments and yes i'll let you all know in a NEW thread how much difference i feel in power :p

and for all those talking crap and telling me to get a new car... How many times to i have to tell you i dont want a new car. i like my Zetec. I'm already making plans with aircougar to take my car up there to have him install a Focus header (which does have spot for EGR) and fab a down pipe and install a SVT exhaust. And for you guys to tell me that my car is slow, it may be but i still find it fun to drive and i find it fun to modify so back off.

I must concur with the fact that a Zetec is fun to drive. The fact that the engine is bulletproof means you can drive around like an idiot and not worry about something stupid going wrong like throwing a rod bearing in the Duratec :shrug:.

and for all those talking crap and telling me to get a new car... How many times to i have to tell you i dont want a new car. i like my Zetec. I'm already making plans with aircougar...

If you like everything about it so much, why are you trying to change it left and right? :shrug:

I love how everyone is tearing this kid apart for modding his 'slow' car. It's a contour forum... Unless your running an expensive 3L turbo setup like some guys, you're dumping just as much money into a car that also isn't a speed demon by any means. He likes his car, and wants to enjoy it. By modding it out and making it faster he's just bringing it up to par with other's cars so he can enjoy it with them. I probably wouldn't be putting money into a zetec either, but if he likes the car and wants to keep it why not make it faster?

I had an UDP on my Zetec Tour for a few years. No issues whatsoever. The only reason it came off is because of the supercharger install.

psh, had one on mine and it destroyed a battery in 1 year(brand new battery, 1 year later 2 dead cells).

but i dont think you have a sub in the truck to hear music over a the car.

edit: my balls dont get busted much for modding my zetec...header, full exhuast, intake, MSD coil pack and wires, optima redtop[like that matters], motorcraft copper plugs 1 step colder, 180 t-stat, opt. TB soon, ST bars, A-pillar gauges[vac, oil press., volt], HIDs, SVT tach, painted reflector, stazi gen1 grill, +1million HP elky "you've been bagged" vinyl and way more coming when its warm

*please dont make yourself look dumb. I know that all that stuff doesnt make it go faster

Last edited:
Looks nice..

6 degrees? That must feel wonderful, we are currently at appox -12 before you figure in windchill:help: I don't even want to think about the guys up in northnern MN

Yea... -22degF... with windchill -45degF... flipping fantastic

edit: my balls dont get busted much for modding my zetec...

thats cuz theres better things to bust your balls about :laugh:

only picture i have
devan3.jpg

An underdrive for a Zetec. Feel the powa LOL! Modding a slow car makes about as much sense as Ryan owning 2 Trailblazers. It will still be sllllllllooooooooooooooooooow. Save up for a better car.

It's funny. When i said that to a bunch of people 2 years ago i got :censored::censored::censored::censored: flagged about how i was stupid and people should mod whatever cars they have.

Granted if i had a zetec as a DD id probably throw an intake on it but im with these guys; anything beyond an intake is a waste of money. $100 for a an UDP that does essentially nothing would be better spent on tires.... or stocks... or beer.

I'm laughing because as soon as he got this $100 UDP that he's been waiting a month for, a Zetec UDP pops up in the classifieds for $40 shipped. Talk about bad timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back