• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Lookie what i got!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

95_Mystique

Hard-core CEG'er
finally after a month i got my UPD. its a MAC performance 100mm UDP. i'm so happy. its not the right color, (was supposed to get silver) but its not like anyone can really see it unless the really look for it.

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

cant put it on yet though. its going down to 6 degrees F tonight and the high isnt going abover 20 any time soon.

Looks nice..

6 degrees? That must feel wonderful, we are currently at appox -12 before you figure in windchill:help: I don't even want to think about the guys up in northnern MN

Last edited:
Might be a newb question, but....

What is the advantage/disadvantage of a UDP vs. DMD?

I have a DMD and was told that it was all i need for pully performance. I was wanting more! Cheap power.

I have a very similar one only in blue sitting in my trunk. Will you PM me when you install it to tell me the difference?

Last edited:
I love reading oh i cant work on my car its to cold out..LOL..
Man i love FL..
it was around 65 or so today
UDP man looks nice it will look good on the car..

yea i had a udp on my other car, and well it made the idle horrible (granted i didn't adjust it) and made things more dim when at idlde. I couldn't tell a performance difference with or without it.

maybe contours are diff.

I had an UDP on my Zetec Tour for a few years. No issues whatsoever. The only reason it came off is because of the supercharger install.

UDP's are way too expensive for what they do. you're better off investing in something better. for not much more, you could have bought the NPG front brake upgrade(if it fits the 95 stique)

edit: then again, the last thing that car needs is bigger brakes

but dude, do you honestly need to post every time you buy a part for your car? its one thing if you get a turbo, or do an engine swap. but pulleys? who cares.

i was just looking at your profile. you have 488 posts and have started 139 threads. seriously?!

UDP's are way too expensive for what they do. you're better off investing in something better. for not much more, you could have bought the NPG front brake upgrade(if it fits the 95 stique)

edit: then again, the last thing that car needs is bigger brakes

but dude, do you honestly need to post every time you buy a part for your car? its one thing if you get a turbo, or do an engine swap. but pulleys? who cares.

i was just looking at your profile. you have 488 posts and have started 139 threads. seriously?!
Jeez, give this guy a break. He is excited about a new part.:nonono:

Don't know how much that brake upgrade is, but I can tell you UDP for the Zetec are cheap.:shrug:

Jeez, give this guy a break. He is excited about a new part.:nonono:

Don't know how much that brake upgrade is, but I can tell you UDP for the Zetec are cheap.:shrug:

i know. im pretty harsh on this guy. the upgraded brackets and hardware are around 150 iirc. i thought thats what the pulleys were going for. i could definitely be wrong because i never shop for a zetec. and 95_mystique, i really do apologize for bustin your balls all the time. im just tryin to let you know that a lot of us noticed that you like to make new threads a lot. it just gets really old, and clutters up the boards

i know. im pretty harsh on this guy. the upgraded brackets and hardware are around 150 iirc. i thought thats what the pulleys were going for. i could definitely be wrong because i never shop for a zetec. and 95_mystique, i really do apologize for bustin your balls all the time. im just tryin to let you know that a lot of us noticed that you like to make new threads a lot. it just gets really old, and clutters up the boards

the p/s and alternator undersrive pulleys where going for ~$160. the zetec crank udp is suppose to be cheap. also the NPG front brake kit will not work on a non-svt without the SVT caliper brackets.

I have a very similar one only in blue sitting in my trunk. Will you PM me when you install it to tell me the difference?
So you wanna know the difference between red and blue? :shrug:
im just tryin to let you know that a lot of us noticed that you like to make new threads a lot. it just gets really old, and clutters up the boards

Who are "A Lot Of Us" because I think being proud of doing a mod or addition to your car is what this site was founded on. The only thing cluttering up the forums are posts like yours (and like this one from me) trying to get someone down when they are up.
Looks nice..
6 degrees? That must feel wonderful, we are currently at appox -12 before you figure in windchill:help: I don't even want to think about the guys up in northnern MN
Oh and Damn Dave, I heard it was -46 on your side of town with the windchill....That freakin cold!!!!

Hey 95, make sure to let us know when you get it installed and if you feel any difference in the butt dyno.

Last edited:
An underdrive for a Zetec. Feel the powa LOL! Modding a slow car makes about as much sense as Ryan owning 2 Trailblazers. It will still be sllllllllooooooooooooooooooow. Save up for a better car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back