• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Lookie what i got!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
umm wait... how fast is your 3L against a mustang GT? oh yeah slow. But you like modding it dont you? :blackeye:

Ron doesn't have a 3L. :troutslap:

And also, FWIW, he's pretty easy on the mods. He has some stuff, but he doesn't go over the edge with it and I think that he realizes that it's not worth it to put a lot of money into his car, even a 2000 SVT. You should have seen the face he gave me when I told him how much money I had put into Mark's car in the short time I've had it.

Ron doesn't have a 3L. :troutslap:

And also, FWIW, he's pretty easy on the mods. He has some stuff, but he doesn't go over the edge with it and I think that he realizes that it's not worth it to put a lot of money into his car, even a 2000 SVT. You should have seen the face he gave me when I told him how much money I had put into Mark's car in the short time I've had it.

ok my mistake their, but you get the point with most people on the board. its enjoyment non of us contour guys arent fast

ok my mistake their, but you get the point with most people on the board. its enjoyment non of us contour guys arent fast

depends on your definition of fast? I have owned dsm's in the past that I considered fast because I could usually hang with alot of other cars out there. now that I have gotten into autocrossing I feel as if the contour is a decent platform but not one that can compete with the best of them.

rob I appreciate the kind words, but don't get me wrong its not up to other peoples opinions about your own car, its what you get out of it that matters. 95mistique and cobrawannabee may love their cars and enjoy modding them, which is fine, I just hope they realize what they have and how much potential their cars really have.

uberduck is xceedspeed the website your talking about? because if so thats the one I was referring to as well, my sn on there is boostdevil.

lol you think i have a better grip on the possibilities? lol but yes fast is in the eye of the beholder. Again, where do we get off telling someone else what i right and wrong. Esp, when in this case their will almost always be something better. :shrug:

give it up dude... plain and simple, 95mistique is excited about a part he bought. wether you think its worth it or not to buy it is up to you. i mean, he has the money and obviously wants to upgrade his car. He hade a point a while ago, you dont have to read the thread. if you dont agree with buying a part... who cares. some people mod their car because they like it and want to. obviously a contour isnt going to beat a ferrari, but who cares. if you think its dumb to put more money in a car than its worth youre basically calling most people on this site dumb. parts arent cheap and when youre dealing with a car that is worth 5k max your going to put a lot of cash in it on percentages.

anyways, get off the dudes back for putting a part on his car, seriously. do you think its worth takign all this time just to make fun of someone?

if you think its dumb to put more money in a car than its worth youre basically calling most people on this site dumb.

I'm not afraid to step on that limb. Not one bit. If you don't have the financial means, a garage in working order, and a beater car- you have no business building a project car. None. Money is money, you need to fix whatever awesome car you build because all cars break- and if it breaks you need a way of transportation. A project car needs to have a sensible plan ahead of itself.

My opinion.

I'm not afraid to step on that limb. Not one bit. If you don't have the financial means, a garage in working order, and a beater car- you have no business building a project car. None. Money is money, you need to fix whatever awesome car you build because all cars break- and if it breaks you need a way of transportation. A project car needs to have a sensible plan ahead of itself.

My opinion.

and it is a very good one. It is currently the reason my car only has bolt ons. I dont have the sensible means to go farther right now. IMO, your dead on.

and you also have to think that a lot of people on this site have a beater or DD. i know im not going to be ripping my car apart to mod it, basically because its my only car(and dont have the cash) but i was just putting my .02 cents in about getting off the guys back. Hes clearly excited about a new part, just as anyone else would be, but he just happens to post it to share it with his friends on this site.
i understand what youre saying pre98, but even if you dont have the resources and yorue willing to let your car be down for a hew hours to a few days go ahead, the weekend is the perfect time to have your car down as a lot of people dont have to work or go places.

Just so you know, there was a supercharged zetec on the board a while back that was about as fast as a stock SVT. So you would really have to boost the hell out of the zetec motor to be "Fast"
that zetec was automatic, for a atx/zetec that car was fast. Put that same setup on a MTX then talk :censored::censored::censored::censored:.

The zetecs are great motors. They did what ford intended them to do in the contiques. Get great gas mileage and be reliable as hell. So what if someone wants to mod one?? its not your car. I'm sure other people with better cars are saying the same thing about the guys modding SVT contours. It's still a contour :shrug: this is a contour site, Should not matter what motor/trans you have. Its about the car, not about how 'fast' it is.

Let the guy do what he wants to his car, if all your going to do is complain him out about modding his 'worthless slow car' then just stay out of his thread. I dont see why you guys give this guy so much :censored::censored::censored::censored:.

Let the guy do what he wants to his car, if all your going to do is complain him out about modding his 'worthless slow car' then just stay out of his thread. I dont see why you guys give this guy so much :censored::censored::censored::censored:.

Finally, someone who agrees. modding shouldnt be about what other people think. If you really like you car enough to mod it and you think its worth it, go for it. Its like asking some one why they modded their 1989 Honda DX hatch. Most people might not agree with it, but its worth it to that particular person... who cares. And i completly agree, if you dont like what hes doing, dont read the thread. All of us have equal rights to post on this site and if you dont like it, well, there are other sites. i heard some one say the Mod's should add a new section like "project progress" that might not be a bad idea because if you dont like the car or whatever... just skip over it.

blah blah blah.... just let the guy do what he wants...

Finally, someone who agrees. modding shouldnt be about what other people think. If you really like you car enough to mod it and you think its worth it, go for it. Its like asking some one why they modded their 1989 Honda DX hatch. Most people might not agree with it, but its worth it to that particular person... who cares. And i completly agree, if you dont like what hes doing, dont read the thread. All of us have equal rights to post on this site and if you dont like it, well, there are other sites. i heard some one say the Mod's should add a new section like "project progress" that might not be a bad idea because if you dont like the car or whatever... just skip over it.

blah blah blah.... just let the guy do what he wants...

true. unfortunately, thats just the way it is. most ppl mod their cars so that it would not only be aesthetically pleasing to them, but also to others. FACT! i do also agree that whatever car u choose to start with is totally dependent on the person. 95mystique...go ahead n do what u want. gotta luv the guy tho:). thicker skin than a comodo dragon. lol

not really, as much as he is persistant he sure gets angry at people who don't like what he does to his car, I use to stick up for you 95mistique but after seeing how many post you have made about these boring and useless mods im finding it hard to back you up, just keep it clean and simple, don't overthink and overcomplicate your car and you will be fine.

i can see what some of you guys are saying. i know the Zetec is an 'economy' enigne, and so far i'm keeping it like that. i havent put cams or anything major in the engine so far. i think with the TB, header, full exhaust and UDP, my car is still gonna be a very dependible car and get GREAT gas mileage. and for when i want to go all out in a couple of years i will have the money for a new DD. As far as me starting threads, i'm not gonna stop. i'm gonna be drag racing this summer, so depending how many times i go, i'll post a thread, and if i have any more problems with the car, there are some threads, and if i need an opinion on something, that could be a thread. people are always starting new threads. i dont get what the big fuss is.

if you go drag racing, great. make one thread, and bump it up every time you go racing with your timeslips. no need to make a new thread everytime. do you see everyone making a new thread every time they race? im just sick of seeing every section filled with threads by 95_mystique

then dont read his threads.... its not like you have to.

i rarely do read them. its just that his threads clutter the board with useless :censored::censored::censored::censored: all the time. for whatever reason, it gets on my nerves.

how do you put someone on your ignore list?

i rarely do read them. its just that his threads clutter the board with useless :censored::censored::censored::censored: all the time. for whatever reason, it gets on my nerves
Agreed. I don't feel like sifting through hundreds of threads. Its common courtesy. He won't just make 1 thread even though its more easy for everyone else because HE doesn't want to. It's just dumb :nonono:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back