• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Lookie what i got!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont get it. you guys say that i dont do anything to the car and stop making "what i want to do to my car" threads, so i stopped. So now i'm just trying to show a little bit of progress with buying parts for the car this winter and i still get shot down by some of you guys. you tell me to take out a $3000 loan for a better "SE" or "SVT" but just imagine what i could do to a Zetec for $3000. Striker only wanted 2500 for his turbo kit, which leaves 500 left over for rods and forged pistons. and if i had an extra grand sitting around like i do now, i could have all the parts to have the engine rebuilt with the turbo, or damn close to it. I mean, do you guys realize what a camed, chipped, dyno tuned, turbocharged, ballanced, ported, polished 8000RPM revving Zetec could do? think about it. Think about what you're saying before you say it. i'm NOT saying i'm doing that to my car, or atleast not now. that 3000 dollar loan is actually gonna end up being my school payment. there is no sense in me buying a new car. even with my semi-modded, i'm gettin better MPG's than any of you duratec guys. and the UDP is only gonna help more. Let me see you SVT and SE owners hit over 37 MPG COMBINED!

You bought a $100 part that will not make a significant difference (from what I have read so far). Plus you have not even put it on yet. If everyone made a thread of "progress" when they buy a part then there would be so many damn threads that the forum would be cluttered and worthless.

The people that want to show "progress" on something legit make a PROGRESS THREAD, not 100 separate ones.

I'm also pretty sure most of the SVT's on here get around 25 MPG or better on the highway. I'll take the extra power and much better looks instead of some MPG.

You have to pour $3000 into your car to make it equally as fast as a pretty much stock SVT... I just think it would have been much better if you did everything to it, and didn't post until it was all done so you can say "ha, showed you guys". But by the way this is going everyone will just tell you to go away even if you do accomplish what you are talking about.

I dont get it. you guys say that i dont do anything to the car and stop making "what i want to do to my car" threads, so i stopped. So now i'm just trying to show a little bit of progress with buying parts for the car this winter and i still get shot down by some of you guys. you tell me to take out a $3000 loan for a better "SE" or "SVT" but just imagine what i could do to a Zetec for $3000. Striker only wanted 2500 for his turbo kit, which leaves 500 left over for rods and forged pistons. and if i had an extra grand sitting around like i do now, i could have all the parts to have the engine rebuilt with the turbo, or damn close to it. I mean, do you guys realize what a camed, chipped, dyno tuned, turbocharged, ballanced, ported, polished 8000RPM revving Zetec could do? think about it. Think about what you're saying before you say it. i'm NOT saying i'm doing that to my car, or atleast not now. that 3000 dollar loan is actually gonna end up being my school payment. there is no sense in me buying a new car. even with my semi-modded, i'm gettin better MPG's than any of you duratec guys. and the UDP is only gonna help more. Let me see you SVT and SE owners hit over 37 MPG COMBINED!

Just so you know, there was a supercharged zetec on the board a while back that was about as fast as a stock SVT. So you would really have to boost the hell out of the zetec motor to be "Fast"

Having said that even SVT's are slow, driving around my T-green in the winter reminds me of how slow they really are.

Just so you know, there was a supercharged zetec on the board a while back that was about as fast as a stock SVT. So you would really have to boost the hell out of the zetec motor to be "Fast"

Having said that even SVT's are slow, driving around my T-green in the winter reminds me of how slow they really are.

Cute purple Cobra ;)

you must have missed my turboed Zetec that was faster than most 3Ls :p:laugh::laugh:

it handled better, had more power (on only 10PSI), got better MPG, and (if i had gotten around to getting the body kit painted) looked as good as an SVT. all for less than a stock SVT would have cost, at the time.

a basic turbo kit with low boost will get an MTX Zetec past SVT 2.5L power levels for less than the cost of a good condition SVT. the stock Zetec bottom end is good for 200-250WHP so its not like it would be pushing the limits of the block either.

and of course the SVT feels slow to you, you have a S/C Cobra. :p:p

I think everyone is missing the whole point of these forums and modding our cars. At least to me, the whole point of modding/fixing my car is being it's ENJOYABLE. Who honestly sits down and starts buying parts thinking, 'HEHEHE, NOW I CAN BEAT ALL THOSE MUSTANGZ WOOT1!1' ... no, I mod out my car because I like it, and cause I love the car. It's not fast, it doesn't look all that great, but modding it and driving it is more fun than anything else. I mean, for all the money I've spent on my car and modding it, I could've gone out and bought a much faster and nicer car.

Leave the kid alone, seriously. He likes his car and likes modding it. He see's everyone else buying new stuff for their cars and installing them. He see's how much they enjoy it and wants to be able to enjoy his car too. He might not be starting with the same base, but it's the same principle.

Some people are telling him to take out a small loan and get a better car. If it's just that easy for him, why aren't the rest of you jumping on the train and getting EVO's or something? It's because you love your cars, and like them regardless of their speed or show. Just like him...

In the end, yes it's just a slow zetec, but it's his car and he's doing what makes him happy. Who are we to tell him not to?

Competition is about doing the best with what you got. If you top out over other zetec Contours, I'd say you're leading the bunch. You don't have to 'win', not imo. If you're thinking it's going to be that difficult to compete, you're going to push harder. Pushing your car without thinking makes for awesome drives home on a tow truck.

Sorry to tear you up. :laugh: Just my opinion.

no its cool dude. i cant push all to hard and i learned my limits last year. Maybe by miracle a zetec of somekind will be at the track. :cool:

I must concur with the fact that a Zetec is fun to drive. The fact that the engine is bulletproof means you can drive around like an idiot and not worry about something stupid going wrong like throwing a rod bearing in the Duratec :shrug:.

Unless it randomly drops compression in a cylinder and becomes undrivable like my girlfriends did.

The people that want to show "progress" on something legit make a PROGRESS THREAD, not 100 separate ones.

I second this idea, it makes much more sence, that way the people that are actually interested in this kids car/mods can check his own thread out instead of everyone having to check out the hundreds of threads he makes.

I second this idea, it makes much more sence, that way the people that are actually interested in this kids car/mods can check his own thread out instead of everyone having to check out the hundreds of threads he makes.

if you guys arent interested then dont look. if you see "95_Mystique" as the poster/thread starter, turn away if you have no interest.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think some of you look for me to post just so you can talk :censored::censored::censored::censored:.:shrug: i think thats just childish.

and for 25 MPG out of an SVT, thats 12MPG LESS than what i get, thats a pretty good difference. i'd take the 60 less HP, and we'll see how much my MPG's "suffer" with the OPT. TB and full exhaust.

also, i did post about puttin a turbo in, not supercharger, and from what striker says, it was fast. shows how much attention Zetecs get on a CONTOUR site. i think someone should start an SVT or Duratec site for all the Zetec haters.

and for 25 MPG out of an SVT, thats 12MPG LESS than what i get, thats a pretty good difference. i'd take the 60 less HP, and we'll see how much my MPG's "suffer" with the OPT. TB and full exhaust.

How about this, I make right about double your HP, and get 30 mpg on the highway. :shrug: I think that's pretty decent. It's your car man. Have fun with it, but maybe don't post every single thing you do to it; you're just opening yourself to more ridicule every time.

well do you want it yourself or not? I took it from one of your other posts that you didnt want it anymore so I am going to sell it ...
Ya, the Contour is off the road. I was deciding whether or not I was going to seel it with the car. Do with it what you please, it's yours:cool:

Wait a sec... How many times have people made threads about hightowers (a modification that does zippo for performance, and is at best a "subtle" aesthetic change) and been showered with droool faces and compliments? So what? The kid's excited about his first car..... You weren't? You didn't talk about it alot?:shrug:

I'm not trying to start a flame war, I'm just trying to get you guys to see what you're tearing this kid up for..... You're ripping into him for being enthusiastic about a "Ford Contour". Now, unless I'm mistaken, this is www.contour.org, not www.durateccontour.org, right?

if you guys arent interested then dont look. if you see "95_Mystique" as the poster/thread starter, turn away if you have no interest.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think some of you look for me to post just so you can talk :censored::censored::censored::censored:.:shrug: i think thats just childish.

also, i did post about puttin a turbo in, not supercharger, and from what striker says, it was fast. shows how much attention Zetecs get on a CONTOUR site. i think someone should start an SVT or Duratec site for all the Zetec haters.

dude its childish to spend 100 bucks on a slow car to make it go not much faster at all, but thats fine its your money. if you don't like people hating on you so much just try and make one thread for your "mods" and see how many haters you get then, probably won't get many.

dude its childish to spend 100 bucks on a slow car to make it go not much faster at all, but thats fine its your money. if you don't like people hating on you so much just try and make one thread for your "mods" and see how many haters you get then, probably won't get many.

umm wait... how fast is your 3L against a mustang GT? oh yeah slow. But you like modding it dont you? :blackeye:

Another forum I go to has a section for 'Project Logs' and it works really well. Cuts down on these kind of posts and makes it easy to track progress on sweet builds. Like blu_fuz has for his 3L build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back