• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

King Of Prussia meet...

King Of Prussia meet...

• Total voters
You have to come to this one.
We'll probably be around until at least 3-4 o'clock. We normally BS in the parking lot for a bit, talk about where we are going to lunch, eat and BS some more.
I'll PM you my number so you'll be able to find us, or find out if we are still there.

Ok, so my zip code has this.

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM SUNDAY TO 7 AM EST MONDAY...

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM SUNDAY TO 7 AM EST MONDAY.

SOME LIGHT SNOW IS EXPECTED TO MOVE INTO THE REGION FROM THE WEST NEAR OR SHORTLY AFTER DAYBREAK ON SUNDAY. OVER NORTHEAST PENNSYLVANIA...THIS SNOW MAY BE MIXED WITH SLEET. VERY LITTLE IN THE WAY ACCUMULATION IS EXPECTED DURING THE MORNING HOURS ON SUNDAY... HOWEVER A FEW SLICK SPOTS ON UNTREATED SURFACES ARE POSSIBLE...PARTICULARLY WEST OF THE INTERSTATE 81 CORRIDOR.

PRECIPITATION WILL BECOME STEADIER AND HEAVIER SUNDAY AFTERNOON...WITH SNOW AND SLEET EXPECTED OVER UPSTATE NEW YORK...AND A MIX OF SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN ACROSS NORTHEAST PENNSYLVANIA. BY LATE SUNDAY AFTERNOON...AROUND ONE INCH OF SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATION IS POSSIBLE ACROSS UPSTATE NEW YORK.

THE HEAVIEST PERIOD OF PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED SUNDAY EVENING...AND MUCH OF THIS COULD FALL AS FREEZING RAIN... ESPECIALLY ACROSS THE SOUTHERN TIER OF NEW YORK AND NORTHEAST PENNSYLVANIA. ICE ACCUMULATIONS UP TO ONE-QUARTER INCH ARE POSSIBLE.

THE PRECIPITATION WILL TAPER OFF FROM NORTH TO SOUTH OVERNIGHT SUNDAY INTO EARLY MONDAY.

And Bethlehem has...

...FREEZING RAIN ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM SUNDAY TO 1 AM EST MONDAY...

A FREEZING RAIN ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM SUNDAY TO 1 AM EST MONDAY.

COLDER AIR WILL BE MOVING DOWN ACROSS THE REGION OVERNIGHT AND SUNDAY. AT THE SAME TIME...A STEADY STREAM OF MOISTURE FROM THE SOUTHWEST WILL BEGIN TO OVERRIDE THIS COLDER SURFACE AIRMASS. TEMPERATURES ALOFT ARE ALSO EXPECTED TO RISE ABOVE FREEZING WHILE SURFACE TEMPERATURES REMAIN NEAR OR BELOW FREEZING. AS A RESULT... PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN SUNDAY MORNING AS SLEET AND/OR FREEZING RAIN...TENDING MORE TOWARD FREEZING RAIN DURING THE AFTERNOON.

FREEZING RAIN MAY BECOME HEAVIER SUNDAY NIGHT AS A WAVE OF LOW PRESSURE APPROACHES FROM THE OHIO VALLEY. HOWEVER... SURFACE TEMPERATURES SHOULD GRADUALLY RISE DURING THE EVENING AND THE FREEZING RAIN WILL BECOME PLAIN RAIN BY SHORTLY AFTER MIDNIGHT. ICE COULD ACCUMULATE UP TO ONE-QUARTER INCH... ESPECIALLY ON TREES AND WIRES...BEFORE THE CHANGE-OVER TO RAIN.

A FREEZING RAIN ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF FREEZING RAIN OR FREEZING DRIZZLE WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SLIPPERY ROADS. SLOW DOWN AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.

So I guess the question I want to ask is, who is still going since it's going to be nasty out? If you're all still going, I'll just leave earlier and beat the storm.:cool:

well i was gonna make the trip anyway but my son woke up with a nasty cough and my other son not feelin well. its a long drive for them not to be felling well. but i am going to make it to one of these meets even tho im selling the tour soon. yall have fun and be safe. i have christines number if things change.

I didn't pass that many mailboxes but we were thinking of you. Did you get some studying done?

well i was gonna make the trip anyway but my son woke up with a nasty cough and my other son not feelin well. its a long drive for them not to be felling well.

Most important, your sons feel better. There will be other meets. We did miss you though.

I had a great time. It was really nice meeting both Robs, Jess and Danielle. Danielle is a sweetie, she's adorable. She seemed to like Ian. :) Must have been the hat. ;)
The best was the security guard asking what we were doing and then telling us that we "looked like bikers with but with imports". ROFLMA!

Kyle and Glenn, hope you guys had an easy ride home.

1998svtrob:
SVTRob.jpg

ducttapepro03 and 1BadSVT:
SaabRobandKyle.jpg

Ducttapepro03's Mazda 6:
Mazda6andSaab.jpg

Get ready Aaron.....

One dirty Silver Frost:
Glenn-1.jpg

Two Silver Frosts:
Glennandme.jpg

Three Silver SVTs:
LucaGlennandRob.jpg

Rob (1998svtrob), this is what my car looks like with the splitter on it.
front.jpg

I decided to leave it off since we were expecting some nasty weather.

Ian, check my signature. :D

So I made it. It wasn't really all that bad after the Pocono exit that Kyle and Ian took. I took it nice and easy though, so I'm sure that helped. Those tires I got were awesome in the icy slush mix.

I had a great time, it was nice meeting some of the new people...and an older member I never met before. :laugh:

Looks like a good meet.

Jeesh Glenn, your car must attract the dirt. ;) j/k I know how hard it is to keep a car clean this time of year. :)

lol about the Mall Security. :laugh:

here are my pictures

006-1.jpg

Food was great. Waitress not to great it was her second day. i left a 43 and one third cent tip. :mad:
007-1.jpg

hes funny
009-1.jpg

hes also funny
008-1.jpg

the car ride down was crazy funny
011-1.jpg

adorable- she tried to steal my credit card and buy dora toys :shrug:
012-1.jpg

013.jpg

016-1.jpg

guess who numbers those are??

I'm home, the ride back wasn't too bad after getting past 81 on 80.

lol I wonder how many prank calls you'll get now that your number is up on the net :laugh: :blackeye:

Oh and Glenn's car was pretty clean by the time we got to the gas station in the rain! Just a little icy!

christine..your car has changed a bit since the last time i saw it...all it really had before was rims(looks wise) loving that gen2 mesh:cool:

glad everyone had a good time and made it back safely!

Wish I coulda made it. If stupid kids didn't skip stupid school I wouldn't have been sitting in front of a computer ALL day doing this stupid work! UGhhhhh....

Nice meeting everyone. We'll have to do it again once the weather warms up.

BTW I'm in love with the hostess with no personality and painted on eyebrows! :shrug:

I had fun at the KOP meet, danielle I think had the most of all lol. Well hopefully we can do that again but when its a little warmer out.

Oh and maybe I'll bring my elipse so we'll actually have an import.

Actually Kyle, I think Barbie has more depth in her personality and character compared to the girl that seated us.:laugh:

Back