• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just came back from the strip...

I want to see a contour in the 12's this year at SZ.

Joey, you need to find some time to work on your own car and make it happen. We've already talked about this though... The evo will be ready for you come spring :)

I feel the need to jump in here ( late ) with a few things.

Y2k - Your hybrid made 195 tuned, you have to realize that a large majority of the full 3 liter swaps (SVT cams or not) are making 205+ untuned. so for example Snobs intake, header, exhaust full 3 liter with svt cams made almost 219 (??) fwhp. My old :)cry:) full 3 liter has yet to have the tune optimized and kept up with him, so I'm guess mine was around 205 w/ quite a bit more tq.

From what I have seen the majority of the swaps taking place today, by people that know / give a damn about what they're doing are putting out some pretty decent numbers.

Ive also had a chance to meet Nima in person, I know the mofo can drive. And that ultimately is the reason why a lot of people put down :censored::censored::censored::censored: times. Myself, Ive never run a great time at the strip, I'm just not that good at drag racing; I can admit it. Thats also why I don't come on here complaining about running a slow time.

Yep. Nima has slicks, very strong motor, and can drive crazy good. That's what it boils down to IMO.

I feel the need to jump in here ( late ) with a few things.

Y2k - Your hybrid made 195 tuned, you have to realize that a large majority of the full 3 liter swaps (SVT cams or not) are making 205+ untuned. so for example Snobs intake, header, exhaust full 3 liter with svt cams made almost 219 (??) fwhp. My old :)cry:) full 3 liter has yet to have the tune optimized and kept up with him, so I'm guess mine was around 205 w/ quite a bit more tq.

From what I have seen the majority of the swaps taking place today, by people that know / give a damn about what they're doing are putting out some pretty decent numbers.

Ive also had a chance to meet Nima in person, I know the mofo can drive. And that ultimately is the reason why a lot of people put down :censored::censored::censored::censored: times. Myself, Ive never run a great time at the strip, I'm just not that good at drag racing; I can admit it. Thats also why I don't come on here complaining about running a slow time.

Actually, it was 206/195 on a mail order tune. My best 1/4 mile time was when I was untuned, at 196/191. I'm not debating whether or not he's putting down a lot of power, or if he's the next John Force on the strip. I'm trying to put two and two together, exactly WHAT he's done to make so much power. You say there are a lot of people putting down low 200's on untuned, straight 3L swaps. There's also a lot of people putting down 185 - 190whp on basically the same setups. I'll agree, there have been some pretty :censored::censored::censored::censored:ty drivers posting times here, with 2.7 60' times and 15.5 1/4 mile times with 3L swaps. Maybe SNOB or someone else with a very similar setup will take their car to the track and pull atleast a high 13.

Mark

Actually, it was 206/195 on a mail order tune. My best 1/4 mile time was when I was untuned, at 196/191. I'm not debating whether or not he's putting down a lot of power, or if he's the next John Force on the strip. I'm trying to put two and two together, exactly WHAT he's done to make so much power. You say there are a lot of people putting down low 200's on untuned, straight 3L swaps. There's also a lot of people putting down 185 - 190whp on basically the same setups. I'll agree, there have been some pretty :censored::censored::censored::censored:ty drivers posting times here, with 2.7 60' times and 15.5 1/4 mile times with 3L swaps. Maybe SNOB or someone else with a very similar setup will take their car to the track and pull atleast a high 13.

Mark

i wouldnt excatly consider myself a crappy driver or however u put it. i've been driving since i was 9.(africa). remember, some of us are turboed. theres a very thin line between holding traction and none at all. a 200+whp tour will take off very nicely with little wheel spin at around 3500rpm, keep good traction through the gears and its gone. a 300+whp and 300ft/lbs tour on the other hand isnt that easy. with street tires??? 4getaboudit! that 14.4 was my first run ever at a track. i'm sure i can do better. gimmie the car with just enough power n torque, and some of us will be there or close.

All I know is that I would most likely pull Five-Oh times......:help: But somedays I do get that perfect launch down....

Back