• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just came back from the strip...

I think the majority of those with good times know how to drive plain and simple.

This is obviously the case, but there is definitely more to it. I'm not tooting my own horn, but I don't think anyone that's ridden with me would question my ability in ragging a car down the track with as good of times as possible. Like I mentioned above, I was able to pull a 2.13 60' time on street tires, and had what I believe to be a nearly flawless run down the track. It's obvious that I just wasn't making enough power to get to where Nima is at. I was .9 seconds behind him, and 8mph off in trap speed. If it's as simple as going full 3L with ST220 UIM and true duals, I think everyone would be doing it. :shrug:

Mark

The ST220 intake is something almost nobody uses because it's about $1200 if you can find one.

:shocked: Holy Fu..................:shocked:

I retract my previous statement then! I guess not everyone would be doing it. :blackeye:

Mark

I retract my previous statement then! I guess not everyone would be doing it. :blackeye:

Mark
I found one, but getting it here is my problem :blackeye:

So we have rara, livinsvt and black96se have this st220 uim. 3 people so far.

Mark

Guys, its really not just the st220 intake... I ran a 14.3@97 with the 01-04 Taurus UIM with stock SVT exhaust with just the resonator replaces and the stock plastic accordian intake tube...

The 05 taurus design is much better and is more of a taper for high rpm power (although not as radical as the st220)

The st220 is designed more for top-end power. It's plenum volume is more than any other oval port UIM that i have seen and the tapered runners let the air moving into the heads ports to be at a greater velocity than any other oval port UIM...

It is the entire head design which is far more superior than the split port heads, or any wacky combination that has come up by hogging them out and using adapter plates and on and on which I have been killing myself to explain to everyone (and lets not even go into using a 2.5 UIM on the 3.0 engines)... Oval ports have smaller ports giving you the low end torque that you would need but also have the higher velocity for the upper rev ranges...

There was no voodoo magic done, the track wasn't down hill nor there weren't crazy amounts of tail-wind, also i am pretty sure i could of hit a very low 13's or a 12.99 if I continued on that day with a good launch on the drag radials but the axle had to let go... Either way there is always next year...

Guys, its really not just the st220 intake... I ran a 14.3@97 with the 01-04 Taurus UIM with stock SVT exhaust with just the resonator replaces and the stock plastic accordian intake tube...

The 05 taurus design is much better and is more of a taper for high rpm power (although not as radical as the st220)

The st220 is designed more for top-end power. It's plenum volume is more than any other oval port UIM that i have seen and the tapered runners let the air moving into the heads ports to be at a greater velocity than any other oval port UIM...

It is the entire head design which is far more superior than the split port heads, or any wacky combination that has come up by hogging them out and using adapter plates and on and on which I have been killing myself to explain to everyone (and lets not even go into using a 2.5 UIM on the 3.0 engines)... Oval ports have smaller ports giving you the low end torque that you would need but also have the higher velocity for the upper rev ranges...

There was no voodoo magic done, the track wasn't down hill nor there weren't crazy amounts of tail-wind, also i am pretty sure i could of hit a very low 13's or a 12.99 if I continued on that day with a good launch on the drag radials but the axle had to let go... Either way there is always next year...

pardon my skepticism, but i'd really have to see someone else with the same set up as urs with that kinda time. at this point, its noteworthy to say u r probably a good driver. i got a 14.4 my very first run ever. the 60 ft was 2.7** on street tires. terrible i know. that upper intake u've got must do wonders for u. i just saw that video again. u took off with literally no wheelspin. at that rate, to me, it looked like a 15second was inevitable. ur motor must be really good uptop to be able to trap that kinda speed and time. ST220 maybe:)?

i just saw that video again. u took off with literally no wheelspin. at that rate, to me, it looked like a 15second was inevitable. ur motor must be really good uptop to be able to trap that kinda speed and time. ST220 maybe:)?

drag radials are also going to help a lot in stopping wheelspin, probably a good part of why he broke an axle.

the ST220 manifold is great, but as mentioned, due to it's cost, not many people have them.

well i got about 3/4 the way through all you whiners. i think need to base tune my car and go run a 13.2 on my street nittos, lol.

i need a rear roll resistor and all the hardware for that whole back mount. then i'm game. a tune would be nice before, but i'll go now just to see how i do with a waay off tune i'm sure i can clip off a low 14 just as it sits

Back