• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just came back from the strip...

If you don't need the extra horsepower provided by a full 3.0, why do you need the extra horsepower provided by a 3.0 at all? And what kind of insurance company do you have that checks out your car mechanically? I've never had an issue with my insurance company caring about my modifications, and I haven't heard of anyone here having a problem either. If they really made a big deal out of it, I'd drop 'em and find someone more reasonable.

i agree with the insurance co thing. i dont know of any that looks under the hood. as for getting the 3l, dont 4get not all get the 3l for the extra power. there arent any low mileage svt motors anymore. it'd be stoopid to put in another high mileage svt engine with the oil issues. its smarter and easier to install a 3l. the extra power just happens to come with it.

i agree with the insurance co thing. i dont know of any that looks under the hood. as for getting the 3l, dont 4get not all get the 3l for the extra power. there arent any low mileage svt motors anymore. it'd be stoopid to put in another high mileage svt engine with the oil issues. its smarter and easier to install a 3l. the extra power just happens to come with it.

I realize that, as that's what happened with me. But that's not the case in this specific instance.

Back