• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Junkyard Find

I much rather D's U-Pull it in Dunmore by me. It's paradise for me since they actually separate the XJ's, ZJ's, and WJ's into their own section...versus Harry's where every damn truck/minivan/SUV is one giant section.

Hey are you planning on going back there anytime soon cause i could really use that hand brake assembly but don't know when i could get there since its a two hour drive for me. Let me know please

Hey are you planning on going back there anytime soon cause i could really use that hand brake assembly but don't know when i could get there since its a two hour drive for me. Let me know please

Probably not for a couple months. Its pretty far away from me too, but I can check next time and see if its still there.

The build date is 97, so this must be a 98 car. I'm wondering if I should wonder out there and get the brake calipers off of it. The larger brakes bolt up to any other Contour. I already have the Cougar S brake bracket on my non-SVT, but maybe someone else would be interested in putting larger brakes on the front of theirs.

Is that a tricorn hat :shrug:
images

2010-06-30_15.jpg

That splash shield is weird looking. Mine is made out of this weird, almost black cardboard-like material that has a knack of tearing. It's held together in a couple spots with duct tape.

no..your splash shield is weird... all the normal people have ones like that...

you cant always believe your mom when she tells you "don't worry..they all look like that"
:)

Last edited:
Is that a tricorn hat :shrug:

Why yes it is lol :laugh: You can find some weird stuff at the junkyard if you look.

That splash shield is weird looking. Mine is made out of this weird, almost black cardboard-like material that has a knack of tearing. It's held together in a couple spots with duct tape.

Like Brian said this splash shield is SVT specific only. It actually has a red SVT sticker on it that you can see all crinkled up in the picture.

damn i need a snowman sticker! :(

anyway, the steering wheel looks in decent shape no?

and interesting about the contour/mystique sticker, it doesnt even list the stock tire size of the svt(16")

Back