• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Junkyard Find

Aaron88

Hard-core CEG'er
Went to the junkyard today and found a black and blue 98 SVT there. I got the rear bumper, leather boots, front bumper splash guard, and some misc interior parts.

Steering wheel was shot along with all the doorpanels, floormats, and the seats (except the rear bench). Both buckets and the backrest of the rear seat were purposely cut with a knife, but they were perfect otherwise (no real wear marks). ALL the doorpanel grills were broken, probably by some moron to get the speakers out. That really pissed me off...the interior was so nice before the vandalization that I would have bought all the seats and put them in my SE!

I got as much as I could but it was pretty well picked through before my dad and I found it...engine, exhaust, and gauge cluster were completely gone; rear swaybar was too rusty to make it worth the pull.

I will get the build # and add to the "All SVTs go to Heaven" thread ASAP.

Onto the pic's!

2010-06-30_2.jpg

2010-06-30_6.jpg

2010-06-30_14.jpg

2010-06-30.jpg

2010-06-30_3-1.jpg

Contour/Mystique??? My door sticker says Contour SVT only
2010-06-30_4.jpg

That's about the strangest junk yard setup I think I've ever seen:crazy:

Why? This is one of the most accessible junkyards that I've been too in terms of getting to the cars. All the vehicles are lifted up for easier undercar access and there are stones covering the ground, so there aren't many weeds or mud to deal with.

Most yards I see the cars are up on four rims built into jack stands of sorts and in rows they look like they are placed helter skelter:shrug: Either way I'am still waiting to find one

Ooooo, I need that engine splash guard shown in your last photo. If you go back, grab that and I'll pay up right away. Thanks.

I still saw a lot of pretty good parts to grab. Damn wish I could run across one here in Ga. As far as the door sticker maybe the previous owner replaced the door with a se.....my E0 has svt contour on the door plate.

Yeah, totally agree with Brian. Check out to see if the sunroof motor works, if you can.

Nothing ever around the junkyards here.

Please tell me you got the sunroof motor! If not, get yer arse back there and get it!

Ooooo, I need that engine splash guard shown in your last photo. If you go back, grab that and I'll pay up right away. Thanks.

I might be keeping that, but I'll let you know when I get it cleaned up.

Please tell me you got the sunroof motor! If not, get yer arse back there and get it!

I did :) it'll be up for sale shortly. I just need to figure out a way to test it because I don't have a car with a factory sunroof to plug it into.

i dont think that car was vandilized....i think it was cut apart for a drug search.
notice where all the cuts are...especially the one where the rear seat armrest goes.

i dont think that car was vandilized....i think it was cut apart for a drug search.
notice where all the cuts are...especially the one where the rear seat armrest goes.

Good call. This would also explain why it had no motor, because it was running at the time, but was torn apart in a drug search, repo'd, and dropped off at the junkyard.

Could be, there was no real body damage to lead me to believe it was in an accident of any kind. It was inspected untill 9/09.

I found the little Ford glove box service book with the name and address of the original owner too, but nothing says she was the last one who owned it before it ended up in the yard.

Hey,

Are you close to that? I want that splash guard.

I have the splash guard in the garage. I'm going to clean it up and then decide if I want to keep it or not. It has a ~3in cut by one of the fog light covers but is in good shape otherwise.

where is this car located?! i want the carpet if its in good condition

Joes EZ Pull in New Ringgold. The carpet is in ok shape, but you'd have to pull all the seats and stuff to get it.

Damn, I thought that was EZpull. I was out there before Ford Carlisle. Thats probably the first SVT there, ever.

Back