• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The Progress Thread for the Cooler Zetec

Sorry if I prefer function over form and find people pouring money into visually modding 18 second cars ridiculous.
thats fine but, IIRC, you didnt even have anything decent to say about my turbo Zetec, which was just as fast or faster than your 3L. it got better gas mileage too :p

also, so far everything he has done to his car was either free or cheap. so he is not pouring money into it.

and since im sure youll try to mention it, i put as much money into my building my Zetec as it would have cost to buy a stock SVT at the time. ill admit thats harder to do now as the price of SVTs has come down a lot. but at the time, i had a faster, better handling, more fuel efficient car for the same price.

thats fine but, IIRC, you didnt even have anything decent to say about my turbo Zetec, which was just as fast or faster than your 3L. it got better gas mileage too :p

And it's still serving you well, right?

Also, you don't recall correctly.

This post
And you did a great job. For what it's worth, I have a lot of respect for you. You're smart, you have a lot of knowledge, and you do have a great car.

Sorry if I prefer function over form and find people pouring money into visually modding 18 second cars ridiculous.

you know, i also dont agree with spending money on a zetec/atx, but last time I checked, it wasn't my money, so who cares? why is it ridiculous? it isnt your money, it isn't your time, and what you want for function could be different than his. I made my suggestion in his other thread that this could be a waste of money, but I am not going to criticize him if he wants to because it is his own money. The problem with you is you are only criticizing him, not offering anything of value.

besides, couldn't you make that argument for any modification to any car? If you prefer function, why pour money into an SVT Contour, it still is a fwd low horsepower car. You could build a foxbody mustang that was faster, stopped better, and handled better for only a little more money. why stop there? why spend the money on a foxbody when for only a little more you could do a sn95, why do that when for only a little more you could do a cobra, well only a little more you could do a bmw, etc, etc, etc.

And it's still serving you well, right?

Also, you don't recall correctly.

This post
it would be if i had chosen different pistons. im still pissed about it.

my bad, it must have been somebody else. of course, i may have just missed it since most of the time you dont say anything good about the zetecs;):laugh::laugh:

you know, i also dont agree with spending money on a zetec/atx, but last time I checked, it wasn't my money, so who cares? why is it ridiculous? it isnt your money, it isn't your time, and what you want for function could be different than his.

With this in mind, NO ONE should disagree with what he's doing.

I made my suggestion in his other thread that this could be a waste of money, but I am not going to criticize him if he wants to because it is his own money.

...and then you go ahead and disagree.

besides, couldn't you make that argument for any modification to any car? If you prefer function, why pour money into an SVT Contour, it still is a fwd low horsepower car. You could build a foxbody mustang that was faster, stopped better, and handled better for only a little more money. why stop there? why spend the money on a foxbody when for only a little more you could do a sn95, why do that when for only a little more you could do a cobra, well only a little more you could do a bmw, etc, etc, etc.

Do I really have to explain this to you?

With this in mind, NO ONE should disagree with what he's doing.

I said i disagree, but I also said I wasn't going to criticize. there is a difference

...and then you go ahead and disagree.

see above

Do I really have to explain this to you?

explain what? is there something wrong with my logic? if you prefer function why an contour at all?
you must have missed my whole point. I don't agree with dumping money into a zetec/atx. I think it is a waste, but if thats what he wants then all the power. I am not about to make fun of him or say it needs a "real engine/transmission".

I said i disagree, but I also said I wasn't going to criticize. there is a difference

I think it is a waste

If this isn't a criticism, then what is it? A compliment?

explain what? is there something wrong with my logic?

Yes.

if you prefer function why an contour at all?
you must have missed my whole point.

No, I understood your point perfectly well. The problem with your argument is that you're taking a single aspect of "function" and running with it to an extreme. There is much more to function than by-the-numbers performance. But then again, I really shouldn't have to explain this.

Are you saying that because it's a personal choice that it's immune from criticism? That doesn't make sense at all.

no. but he has been criticised already and he made his choice. what is the point of continuing said criticism after he has made his mind up? He made a choice, you don't like it ... so what? what are you trying to accomplish with continued criticism?

no. but he has been criticised already and he made his choice. what is the point of continuing said criticism after he has made his mind up?

Once again, you're not making any sense. Is there a certain criticism-quota that each poor decision gets before it can no longer be criticized? How is everyone supposed to know how much criticism each decision has seen? And since when has criticism ever been limited to before a decision is made?

Once again, you're not making any sense. Is there a certain criticism-quota that each poor decision gets before it can no longer be criticized? How is everyone supposed to know how much criticism each decision has seen? And since when has criticism ever been limited to before a decision is made?

you are making more out of this then there really is.

while you don't agree with what the op is doing there is no need to continue the criticism.

deadhorse.gif

Why not? I didn't see anywhere that specified that this forum is for ass-patting only.

:rolleyes: will you just give it a rest please? no where is anyone saying that an honest opintion or criticism shouldn't be give. but we get it, you don't like zetecs and what wannabe wants to do with his.

how about some positive criticism?

How does that work?

blah blah blah does work/doesn't look good, etc. how about you try this ...

and yes we know someone is going to say get an svt, etc. how about comments towards what he is trying to do, etc ....

or if you note something about the picture he took say to try doing (insert suggest here) to amke it better. instead of saying that photo is crap.

like someone else did in this thread. they said he made a good attempt at taking a photo but the lighting was to strong and to try it at a different time of day.

don't just crap on someone, offer something to help improve/change, etc ...

Last edited:
Back