• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: Tubular Front Control Arms

Ok just ordered a heim joint with spacers for test fitting. If all goes well I will get an official GB thread up, and hopefully we can get at least 10 people in.

out. thx for making the effort to get these to us though,nice to see.

Sorry for the delay on this guys, test fit didnt go so well but I just placed another order for more test fit products. As soon as I get things and prices squared away I will be starting a GB thread and we will need at least 10 people to be in on this.

IN...waiting on you buddy! Good luck man. I will leave this part to you. ACC Carpet and Energy Suspension motor mounts I am still working on.

Needs more four bolt LCAs... oh well.

The four bolts would be nice, but much harder to make and I personally would rather have the two bolt design as I think its a better design for track use. Although I would like to here what you have to say about why the four bolt design is better for what kind of use?

As far as official pricing on things, haven't figured all that out yet.

They're better because then I don't have to change out the subframe on my car ;)

Didn't think I would here that coming from your build! I would think swapping in a new subframe would be super easy while everything else is off the car, and maybe cost you $100 for the subframe. I think it would be well worth the benefits, especially with needing as much traction as you can get.

Actually I think the 4 bolt design is more robust then the 2 bolt. Just another way Ford decided to cost reduce the car. Just look at the differences.

lca2wm9.jpg

3Lbuild033.jpg

Agreed, I would way rather have 4 bolt stock arms on the car than the two bolt stock arms. But for a handling and traction setup the tubular 2 bolts will be much better as there is no bushing allowing forward and backward movement.

Agreed, I would way rather have 4 bolt stock arms on the car than the two bolt stock arms. But for a handling and traction setup the tubular 2 bolts will be much better as there is no bushing allowing forward and backward movement.

There is no bushing allowing forward and backward movement on the 4 bolt arm either...

Wasn't someone talking about poly filled 4 bolt arms before? We need to get something going for all the 4bolt guys.

^^^^ what he said. I have 4 bolt and if I plan on keeping my svt I am going to replace my entire suspension.

there are 2 bushings in the 4-bolt arms that can still deflect and allow the arm to move around. :shrug:

Alright you called me on it ;) OK so the bushings allow some deflection, but no where near what the 2 bolts do as they are mounted in the horizontal plane. Also you can see the mounting bushing for lack of a better word, has a large flange on the one end to to minimize fore/aft play as well.

Last edited:
Alright you called me on it ;) Also you can see the mounting bushing for lack of a better word, has a large flange on the one end to to minimize fore/aft play as well.
Don't know why they didn't put those flanged bushes on both ends .... it's always the smaller bush that fails and causes the play. I'm going to poly fill the smaller bush and see how it handles ...G.

Back