• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

05 ford freestyle

Sounds like it will work. It doesn't have VVT so you shouldn't have any issues. It is using a CVT transmission so maybe the bellhousing was changed. I can't think of anything else that would be different to prevent you from using it for a swap.

I'm sure it could be done. But I'm also sure there are differences that aren't explicitly known by people here that would have to be overcome. Most use taurus or escape engines because the differences are well known, and the used engines are typically cheaper from those applications as well.

I've looked under the hood of my parents freestyle while I had my hood up and I didnt have much hope in getting that engine in my engine bay compared to other 3L pics I've seen.

I've looked under the hood of my parents freestyle while I had my hood up and I didnt have much hope in getting that engine in my engine bay compared to other 3L pics I've seen.

you have to look at just the block it self. im pretty sure its the same block they just bolt all kinds of different crap on it to make it fit.. i really dont see ford making 2 diff. blocks

Why would that matter?

not sure if the older 3.0 liter TB would work with the intake manifold because the two throttle bodies are totally different. you'd have to either get an older plastic manifold and TB, or create a harness to work with the TBW system. a mercury montego came in today(same engine obviously). i noticed that the engine sat much lower than it does in the contour. im doubting that the UIM would even fit

i dont care if anything that bolts onto the motor will fit or not.. ill i need really is the block itself. i know the water pump is different but i have a couple sets of svt cams to put in it..

Back