• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: Tubular Front Control Arms

Don't know why they didn't put those flanged bushes on both ends .... it's always the smaller bush that fails and causes the play. I'm going to poly fill the smaller bush and see how it handles ...G.

Wonder if a guy could just weld a flange on the other end... seems like it would be easy enough.

how would you stop the heat from melting the bush ? you are talking about welding the flanged bush in place of the non flanged ?

If it is poss. i have some arms i would cut up and weld for a trial too.

I'm going to try poly filling first; then if that fails, i might chop up an arm and try what i've outlined ... G.

I won't be selling my set of arms that's for sure.

Doesnt look like either of those sites have the correct spacer. I know QA1 doesn't make that size, and a search on google turned up nothing. I need a high misalignment spacer that fits in a 3/4" heim joint with a 1/2" bore and 7/16" height from the heim joint to the subframe.

ok i will see what i can do for this if i can get them from my friend i guess we could start this....aluminum or stainless steel?

Back