• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: Performance SVT lower intake manifold

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'd really like to see something like this for the contour:

CamberCaster_final_assy.jpg

Well we do have adjustable endlinks but they are expensive.

If we can get some rear control arms we can have Ingalls make them.

We can do Caster/Camber plates, already did them for the SHO.

Brakes are possible just need a spindle to work with.

We will be doing y-pipes and headers for the SHO so we can do the same for the Contour.

We do have a bit a work right now so things are moving but slowly as we get more up.

Well MSDS makes headers for our cars, is it possible to make same length headers for our cars. Sorry I dont know the correct term for them. I think I can supply a knuckle also for the brakes.

Equal length headers? Possibly but wouldnt know till we got down too it.

Long tube headers, A similar setup used to be made by SHM (Sean Hyland Motorsport) but an oil filter relocation was required iirc.:shrug:

equal length ypipe would make the not so good sounding duratec sound muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better.

Maybe a tru dual exhaust kit too?

Hey now :).... I like that idea. If they made just the tubing kit. that would be great. Since most people on here can't decide what mufflers/resonators to use.:shrug:

I agree if not equal length headers, a equal length y-pipe would be great!!!

I would be definately interested in a quality camber/caster kit like those!! even though I drive a cougar im pretty sure the strut towers are the same..

Matt and Mike, you guys are probably not aware of this but alot of parts are exchangeable between the contour and cougar. Examples are struts, brakes, nuckels, uim, lim, engines, pretty much anything on the drivetrain. so you may want to start lurking around over at www.newcougar.org also..

Hey now :).... I like that idea. If they made just the tubing kit. that would be great. Since most people on here can't decide what mufflers/resonators to use.:shrug:

I agree if not equal length headers, a equal length y-pipe would be great!!!

Is the sho shop Y pipe an equal length y pipe? I would like to see it wrapped around the gas tank since some of us, our cars are a little low in the rear end. I think there are a lot of good ideas in here..I hope Matt and Mike can chime back in :)
Lets get a list going here so it will make it easier for them. Please put a 1 or w/e by this so we know what you would like to see. Kinda like a poll except I have no idea how to set one up. If there is anything else please add it to the list.

Equal Length Headers: I
Tru Dual Exhaust with or without mufflers: I
Equal Length Y-Pipe: I
Performance Brake Kit: I

its not.
i made a thread about this once,and was told only one person did it,and b/c of the location of the oil pan,its not a easy task.

Right now I think that the most interest would be in LIM's and a brake kit. I'm no expert by any means, but how much more power would long tube headers make over the MSDS or Weapon R shorties? And at what additional cost and modification?

its not.
i made a thread about this once,and was told only one person did it,and b/c of the location of the oil pan,its not a easy task.

100% agree!!! It was infact a msds y-pipe that was used and since he still never matched the front tube length. He put what ever length pipe that could fit and called it a day. :shrug:

Right now I think that the most interest would be in LIM's and a brake kit. I'm no expert by any means, but how much more power would long tube headers make over the MSDS or Weapon R shorties? And at what additional cost and modification?

I agree les go with a LIM kit. then we can go from there :)

I agree les go with a LIM kit. then we can go from there :)

Exactly, lets not think of every possible part that we could possibly ever make, and instead focus on what people want right now. In my short time here, I have seen GB's die because too many possible parts got thrown out there. I would buy a bored LIM from you today if they were available.

They told me they would be interested in a brake kit for our cars...check the other GB....back on topic here....
Who wants the Lower intake?
1. Bill
2. Tx00SVT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back