• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: Performance SVT lower intake manifold

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Bill
2. Tx00SVT
3. Beaner
4. Redlineracer12
5. biminiLX

Other products I'd like:
1) Stainless headers, full lenght or better flowing than MSDS would be nice but even about the same in stainless I'd buy.
2) Brakes: The warmonger brake kit works for me, but if they can come up with something better for not too much more money I'd buy.
3) UIM porting, acid porting, port matching, etc. to go with the LIM, I'd buy

-J

We are aware that the Contour and Cougar are very similiar.

We will focus on the LIM for now as we have a few things going. I will talk to the porter about offering ported intakes. We will need one to set pricing.

If anyone has a set of rear control arms they can give up we can work on that.

Still awaiting on price set, Dont want to add my name to the list until I am sure I can afford it....

- amyn

Agreed....to many projects at this point. Wow.. have we decided on a primary mm and secondary mm?

I say a 34mm primary and ah 37mm secondary??? Just like the sho shop.

Agreed....to many projects at this point. Wow.. have we decided on a primary mm and secondary mm?

I say a 34mm primary and ah 37mm secondary??? Just like the sho shop.

Someone should do a little math. The 3.0 is 20% larger than the 2.5 so the airflow at a minimum should be 20% more. What would give us 20% more area in the circle over the SVT sizes?

How big are the ported 3L head intake ports? My measurements for the SVT 2.5L heads are: primary=~34.290mm (34.440mm x 34.140mm); secondary=~34.490mm (34.620mm x 34.360mm). For the late model LIM, I measured the exits as: primary=32.545mm; secondary=34.070. Assuming those measurements match other peoples parts... I think a 34mm - 34.5mm primary would be good.

Are either of these new ports going to be tapered? If the secondary port isn't going to taper, how does a 37mm secondary port mate with a 34.5mm head port? Though this would still work if you have ported/hogged heads.

1. Bill
2. Tx00SVT
3. Beaner
4. Redlineracer12
5. biminiLX
6. morbid

Last edited:
Someone should do a little math. The 3.0 is 20% larger than the 2.5 so the airflow at a minimum should be 20% more. What would give us 20% more area in the circle over the SVT sizes?

UM some of us will be putting these on 2.5Ls with FI. So too big of ports isn't ideal.

Yes the primary range from 32-33mm and secondaries from 34.1-34.9mm. The primary changed over the years.

But doing all that math means nothing because it's the heads ports that need the exact mm so it can mate to it. So obviously now it becomes an obstruction.

I have a pre-98 lower and upper manifold if anyone would like to purchase for core/modifcations :cool:

Just a heads up if anyone wanted/needed these parts for cores, let me know by the end of the weekend, than they will be scrapped.

If that means your interested act fast. There already in the crate ready to go to the scrapper Monday morning.

Wow, lots of interest!

This would go great with the extrude hone gift certificate I won at SZ!
Ill be keeping an eye on this for sure

So what's the story on this? I can't believe that there aren't more people interested with all of the 3L's out there. People will jump at the chance to spend $600 on LCA's, but not less than $300 for a good bit of power potentially?

So what's the story on this? I can't believe that there aren't more people interested with all of the 3L's out there. People will jump at the chance to spend $600 on LCA's, but not less than $300 for a good bit of power potentially?
Right! Anyone with FI (2.5L and 3.0L) should also want these.

Come on people, jump on the band wagon here. I want one of these and you should too if you have FI or a pretty modded 3L.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back