• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: Performance SVT lower intake manifold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a link to the so forum of maybe a group buy that was done for them. Maybe we can get some feedback for the work they did for them?
i don't think theres been a group buy...not in a very long time. but you can go to the shosource store front and take a look at them. i bought a set for my sho a couple weeks ago,they look top notch.

I agree, everything I have read about Sho Source has been awesome. They are very willing to work with us so what does everyone want?

Interested, depending on price. This will def help the 3L breathe a bit more. Not sure what is better or the differences between the two LIMs you guys are talking about. The different ways of boring and such...

- amyn

has anyone figure out when making the ports to large will decrease performance? with openning then up you are going to loose intake port velocity. any ideas on if it will move the power band?

has anyone figure out when making the ports to large will decrease performance? with openning then up you are going to loose intake port velocity. any ideas on if it will move the power band?

Well Brian, I know with the Sho-Shop one, the butterflys did not cover the whole port on the secondaries, beans can chime in with pictures of his. It allowed for some air to get through then a HUGE break in power when they opened. I ran this on my untuned 3L so I am sure everyone else can too.

I don't know if this has been clarified yet, but maybe it's just me. The secondaries will be 37mm. The other runners will be what? 34mm as stock or will these be upgraded a bit to 35,36 or also be 37mm.

Yes brapple velocity will be increased, yet the transition between the uim to lower obviously has to be mated. Once that will be done the velocity will drop and the next problem will be the intake ports on the heads since they are tapered before entering the cylinder valve to the head.

Stock 2.5l will lose low end and some mid range, while gaining a great power increase on top.
3.0L will gain across the board since it will still be maintaining the butter flies. What is more important is what stammer pointed out, the secondaries butterflies will not be sealed completely hence the better low end tq gain (but.. bad from the 2.5L). Since the 3.0L takes in 30% more air than the 2.5 this will be a great mod. IMHO.

edit....

SHOSrc_BBB_compare.jpg

Here is the link to the service they provide. It's 189.00 dollars +40 if you don't send them your core. I hope we can get it for that price....being a groub buy it would be cool if we can get it cheaper than his standard pricing?? (i'm just saying not expecting anything).
http://shosource.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=2&products_id=1

the guy i'm talking about is the one that makes them FOR shosource. they out source to him,so maybe if you contact him directly you can get a break on the price. bill,i provided you his ebay contact name,i have his real name and addy...if that helps at all.

I think it is going to be more than that due to them having to make a JIG and make a program for the CNC. Like I said, I am willing to get a proto done and get some dyno results. It would be nice to have people who want this to help me pay for the proto and JIG due to me being a college student and not rich.

As far as getting the money put together to get this thing rolling, I think that we need to get a ballpark price ($225-300?) figured out with the vendor so that people can know what exactly they are in for and commit their money. Once we know how many people are interested, the one time fees could be divided accordingly for a final price. Then, as you mentioned a deposit should be sent in that keeps people from backing out, as well as gets the money needed for the initial cost. So far 10-11 people have expressed interest in the last day. With the number of people with 3 liters and modified 2.5's out there, I don't see why we shouldn't be able to get 20 people or more.

I think it is going to be more than that due to them having to make a JIG and make a program for the CNC. Like I said, I am willing to get a proto done and get some dyno results. It would be nice to have people who want this to help me pay for the proto and JIG due to me being a college student and not rich.

Is it the same guy as pgt is mentioning?

So far 10-11 people have expressed interest in the last day. With the number of people with 3 liters and modified 2.5's out there, I don't see why we shouldn't be able to get 20 people or more.

You don't know ceg yet. 20 people wanting this thing, means 3 people will actually be buying it.

My expensies are going else where at the moment and the people around me know where. This would be a great addition so i will be keeping my eye on this, thats for sure :)

Well I think PGT's guy is a outsider to Sho Source. I am getting it done FROM sho source. Not a outside company. They said they would have to make a JIG for it though.

Well I think PGT's guy is a outsider to Sho Source. I am getting it done FROM sho source. Not a outside company. They said they would have to make a JIG for it though.
bill,shosource doesnt really make any of there own parts,they're basically a drop ship online buisness,and outsource for there parts. the guy i linked you to is THE ONE that makes them for shosource

bill,shosource doesnt really make any of there own parts,they're basically a drop ship online buisness,and outsource for there parts. the guy i linked you to is THE ONE that makes them for shosource

Well I will send him a email too to see what he says.

Cut the middle man out of the picture and save some $$$!

100% agree with you here.

Much respect for you star for offering this. I'm glad your not getting offended for us adding or taking away from the original idea. It's kool to see everyone working together on getting a good price and a new option for our platform.

I actually wanted to clean my LIM. If this is around $250 I can actually get the money to afford it.... If it is much more then that then I doubt I can do it... But I can always try!

I def wanna add some power to the car so I can finally break my tranny and work on that:rolleyes:!

Stock Diff on 3L FTMFW!!!! Till im stuck on the side of the road:blackeye:

- amyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back