• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: Performance SVT lower intake manifold

Status
Not open for further replies.

starjammir

Hard-core CEG'er
I have been in touch with some people about making a performance SVT LIM. What they would do is bore your SVT lower out to 37mm in each port and custom make a butterfly for the secondaries. With this mod, it would also already be optimized too. I had something like this on my car and it was a pretty nice edition to it. What would everyone be willing to pay for this?
EDIT: There would be a mandatory down payment needed for this. Maybe something like 100 bucks or something so we don't get all the back outs.

I like the idea. I have proposed the same idea in the past. It would be especially beneficial for a 3.0 conversion. Just for the sake of discussion, what about keeping the primaries down to about 35mm, at least as an option.

No problem Jim. They are more than willing to work with us and any of our needs. I would though like to get it narrowed down to only one type of LIM though. It would be more cost effective due to them having to write a program for the CNC.

I would be interested....as long as the cost isn't too high.

What numbers are they throwing out at you?

Interested. I'll be willing to pay a lot if this goes through. The stock LIM is a big bottle neck for these engines, especially 3L's

I would be interested....as long as the cost isn't too high.

What numbers are they throwing out at you?

None yet, I want to know what people are willing to pay for them first. I am going to get a proto done pretty soon and go from there.
I know when Sho-Shop was around something like this went for around 350 if I am correct.

Interested. I'll be willing to pay a lot if this goes through. The stock LIM is a big bottle neck for these engines, especially 3L's

Beans send me your LIM and 500.00 lol. Or I have 2 SVT LIMs here that I can work on for you.

Im interested.

I would be interested but not until spring (baby coming and SVT funds done for this year :cool:).
I'm planning a 3L down the road and this would be better to keep functioning IMRCs w/o the restriction up top correct? I had been considering deleting them or using the NPG LIM mod depending on heads.
-J

I'm interested, but....

Will these be 37mm straight through or tapered?

Will they be an exact circle (unlike OEM)?

I'm extremely interested if it ends up being near the price estimate you mentioned on the phone with those kind of gains. Major bang for your buck!

I'm interested, but....

Will these be 37mm straight through or tapered?

Will they be an exact circle (unlike OEM)?

Well, I don't know if it would be possible to get a straight through design due to the injector port at the bottom of one of the ports. I will ask them about that.

About being a straight circle, I would hope so since they are using a CNC machine.
As for price, I spoke to them and they did something like this for the SHO and it was about 250 bucks.
They claim 10HP above 4k on the SHO and when SHO-Shop did theirs, they also claimed 10 HP.

i take it your using the josh(iirc) from washington state. he's the one that does them for ShoSource.com They only cost 195 dollars though,thats w/a 50 dollar core.
would they be able to open up a 95 lim too? since we have the vac. secondaries it makes using a svt lower next to impossible,or do a svt/3l swap w/the proper secondaris

Is there anyway that we can get a package deal with the machined LIM and Max Extrude Honed UIM? It seems like if you do one, you might as well do the other, and maybe save a little $$$ if it's at the same time.

Is there anyway that we can get a package deal with the machined LIM and Max Extrude Honed UIM? It seems like if you do one, you might as well do the other, and maybe save a little $$$ if it's at the same time.

Lol, you can CNC a UIM.

I'm definitely interested in this. :D

I'd like to know what the plan is for the primaries. I think 37mm is gonna end up being too big for a 2.5L motor. Maybe not, maybe there are still gains but it seems like you'd be losing too much veolcity down low...

Just when I said I wasn't gonna spend any more on the car this year... Oh well...

i take it your using the josh(iirc) from washington state. he's the one that does them for ShoSource.com They only cost 195 dollars though,thats w/a 50 dollar core.
would they be able to open up a 95 lim too? since we have the vac. secondaries it makes using a svt lower next to impossible,or do a svt/3l swap w/the proper secondaris

Do you have a link to the so forum of maybe a group buy that was done for them. Maybe we can get some feedback for the work they did for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back