• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

GB: 98-00 OEM Carbon Fiber Hoods

Didn't Extreme Dimensions used to sell them off their site? Not sure if they made them or not. Might be worth the effort to get in contact with them since we had good luck with getting them to remake the Mirko.

I want to say that is their brand of part but could be wrong. Also notice they say 95-00. I have tried emailing them a couple times to confirm that they truly have a 98-00 version but have received no reply. Next would be a phone call but it isn't a priority right now.

TE

If it was made by another company other than Chaser it might be worth a trip up to MD to check it out...

Just got in touch with them. I will take the risk and order a hood from them and I will check the quality/fitment. I will post detailed pictures as well, hang on tight people I will report back in about 10 days or so.

Just got in touch with them. I will take the risk and order a hood from them and I will check the quality/fitment. I will post detailed pictures as well, hang on tight people I will report back in about 10 days or so.

Your a brave soul to spend that kind of money with a good possibility of getting crap. Good luck.

Got the hood delivered today, will install it this weekend sometime when the weather is a bit better, take lots of pictures and report here.

Your car is going to be :drool: with a CF hood. Good luck on the fitment!

To be honest, I was actually looking into if I should get it vinyl wrapped or painted to match the color of the car, the only thing I am worried about is the paint or the vinyil not matching the original silfro paint that is on the car.

To be honest, I was actually looking into if I should get it vinyl wrapped or painted to match the color of the car, the only thing I am worried about is the paint or the vinyil not matching the original silfro paint that is on the car.

Really? Carbon fiber does have to fit in on a car, cant just throw it on any car, which is why I will be painting both my hood and trunk to match the car. But with the silfro I think it would look great! I guess it would look better if you had black wheels as well. The vinyl would probably be easiest to get to match before you put it on and are stuck with it, but can always be taken off later.

Really? Carbon fiber does have to fit in on a car, cant just throw it on any car, which is why I will be painting both my hood and trunk to match the car. But with the silfro I think it would look great! I guess it would look better if you had black wheels as well. The vinyl would probably be easiest to get to match before you put it on and are stuck with it, but can always be taken off later.

I just don't want the extra attention it would bring to the car. It is pretty subtle as it is, and usually doesn't really turn heads, especially when driving by the police.

Here is a quick picture. Hood was packed very well.

425878_993408340465_90405289_43353257_379199510_n.jpg

I will take more detailed pictures hopefuly on Sunday when I will try to install it on the car, lets hope that the fitment is good.

Back